Wednesday, May 28, 2014

So You Think You Can Dance, Ep. 11.1

It's almost summertime, and that means it's time to bring a little fun dancing into our living rooms! It's the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance! The season will start like it always does, with auditions in front of the judges in hopes of getting a plane ticket to Los Angeles (not Vegas like normal...and not Hollywood...that's American Idol).

In year's past, I've skipped recapping the auditions completely, and I've also critiqued each dancer we see. I just don't have it in me to get that in-depth for the auditions. So, for now, while we're in the audition phase, my recaps will be very basic. If you don't like that...let me know, and I'll go back to the in-depth recaps.

New Orleans Auditions

Going straight to Los Angeles
Shelby Rase - 19 - Covington, LA - Contemporary
Tanisha Belnap - 19 - Payton, UT - Ballroom
Megan Marcano - 22 - Houston, TX - Contemporary
Trevor Bryce - 18 - Orlando, FL -  style??? (he gets the strangest music award, and most interesting musical interpretation award...it was hilarious and AWESOME!)
Novien Yarber - 22 - Hunstville, AL - Contemporary
Marcouet Hill and Brooklyn Fullmer - 18 and 18 - Provo, UT and South Jordon, UT - Ballroom

Chicago Auditions

Going straight to Los Angeles
Nick Garcia - 18 - Miami, FL - Latin Ballroom (best friend of below)
Rudy Abru - 18 - Miami, FL - Contemporary (best friend of above)

Going to Los Angeles after performing choreography
Caleb Brauner - 21 - Blue Springs, MO - Contemporary (He's back! He showed up in New Orleans after not making it last season. He got to go to choreography in New Orleans, but they cut him...so he showed up in Chicago, and finally made it! I was so bummed when he was cut last season, because I really enjoy his unique, quirky style)

New Element of the Show: Dance Crews
For some reason, Justin Bieber was chosen to present some dance crews from across the country. They are competing for Twitter votes. The crew with the most votes will get to perform on the finale.

Up first is the Season 5 winner from the show America's Best Dance Crew -- Poreotics! I loved them on that show. They already won one show, can they win another? I sure hope so...they are awesome.

Syncopated Ladies are the other crew being presented this week. Tap dancing...I'm not impressed.

Early voting shows the Ladies are at about 70%...seriously?! I thought it was a complete no-brainer that people would vote for Poreotics. They are so cool and fun, and those ladies were just boring. I'm shocked. Come on people, tweet for Poreotics!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: