Thursday, May 15, 2014

American Idol, Ep. 13.36 & 13.37

Final 3! Each will be singing 3 songs: a Randy Jackson pick, a judges' pick and a pick from their hometowm.

One note before I get to the recap. I totally called it last week when I said they would have Jena sing last this week. That is just going to make it 100x harder for Alex to beat her. Gosh darn it!

Caleb
Poor Caleb! He has bronchitis and a hemorrhaged vocal chord! Yikes!

Randy's Pick: INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
I LOVE THIS SONG! Good job Randy! Nice pun Randy "tear it up"...ha! This is seriously the perfect song for him. I love his rock ballads so much more than his hard rock stuff. He does so well with this kind of song. I would buy this in a heartbeat! Unfortunately, I can hear a couple places where his voice is not quite holding up. Those tiny things aside, he still killed it! If you didn't know ahead of time that he was really sick, you probably wouldn't think anything was wrong. I hope he saves a little for his next 2 songs.
My Score: 10

Judges' Pick: Imagine Dragons - Demons
YES! Love this song! He really put a dark spin on this song (even darker than the original). I sure hope his voice holds out, it's a little shaky. Singing that high has got to be killing his voice right now. It still sounds so amazing. Just think if he was 100% how incredibly beyond awesome it would be! There were definitely some notes that didn't come out quite right, but we know why. We know he's an amazing singer, so a few bum notes doesn't matter.
My Score: 9

Hometown Pick: Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused
His voice sounds pretty good for this being his third song. He sang the beginning completely in a cappella. It all sounded really good with the exception of a couple notes. What a bummer to have to end on this song. It's such a heavy rock song, and that has to be killer on his pipes. It's definitely not my favorite song choice, but he did his "Caleb" thing with it, and he totally rocked it out. His last scream at the end was pretty rough, but somehow it doesn't seem to matter. The judges loved it and the crowd went nuts. I'd say he did his thing and brought down the house. Let's just hope and pray it's enough to get him to the finals. I would hate for something disastrous to happen and him not make it for some stupid reason.
My Score: 8

My Overall Score: 9

Alex

Randy's Pick: Bastille - Pompeii
The falsetto part of this song is perfect for Alex. This is such a great song, and Alex definitely did it justice. I think Alex played it a little safe. But then...he started playing drums! Which was awesome...BUT when he switched microphones, his voice dropped off and it ruined the moment. I loved when he got done on the drums and went back to his original mike, because at that point he changed the melody a little bit. I sure hope that little technical goof doesn't hurt him. Other than that, it was a pretty good performance. He seemed a little tentative, I wish he would have just went for it. The judges' comments are basically forcing people to not vote for him so that he'll go home.
My Score: 8

Judges' Pick: Rihanna and Mikky Ekko - Stay
Oooh...I think I'm gonna like this! I absolutely love what he did with this song! I don't care for his outfit, but who cares...he sounds awesome! That was so beautiful! His falsetto sounded great on this song.
My Score: 9

Hometown Pick: One Direction - Story Of My Life
Another great song choice! I like the little changes he made to the beginning of the song. Does anyone else think that his voice sounds different tonight from what he usually sounds like? Parts of his songs don't even sound like him. Not that it's bad or anything, I just think it's interesting. I think he did it better the first time he sang it in the Top 10 week. I sure hope it's enough for him to stay. I would love to see him in the final with Caleb. If you like Alex, please VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! He NEEDS our help! Don't let the screamer, Jena make it through!
My Score: 9

My Overall Score: 9

Jena


Randy's Pick: David Guetta and Sia - Titanium
This could either be really good, or she's going to sound like she's screaming through the whole song. Ouch...started out with a really painful low note! I wish she would have sung the song in a slightly higher key. It was just too low at the beginning. When she got to the first "Titanium" it sounded pretty good. She really rocked the 2nd half of the song, and it was pretty enjoyable, as far as a Jena performance goes. It wasn't too "screamy". I think she harnessed herself and didn't let herself get too carried away, which is what she needs to do ALL the time!
My Score: 9

Judges' Pick: Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
Great song! But, she started out way too low again! It's so hard to hear what she's saying when she sings so low. This was a pretty good performance, but it wasn't outstanding. It sounded kind of like a bunch of other songs she's done. To me, even though I love the song, it was a little on the boring side.
My Score: 8

Hometown Pick: Radiohead - Creep
Crap. She was amazing on this song the first time, and now she's ending the show with it. I don't think there's any way she's not making the final. If she could sing like this on every song, I would be a fan. I'm not sure what it is about this song, and this song alone, that I actually like her singing. Even I loved this the first time she sang it, so we're all doomed. I think this was better than the first time. I think the first time, she did oversing it a little bit. Again, she showed some restraint, and it was amazing. She's making the final, and I just pray that Caleb can beat her.
My Score: 10

My Overall Score: 9

How interesting...my overall score for all 3 ended up being a 9. It really could go any way, but I think I know what the outcome is going to be tomorrow night.

My Pick to Go Home: Jena
Will Go Home: Alex

The Results

Going Home: Alex

Caleb and Jena move on to next week's finale. It's no secret that I want Jena gone. I would have loved to have seen a Caleb-Alex final. But it's not a perfect world. And just like about EVERY season prior to this one, there is one person I REALLY want to win, and 1 person I REALLY don't want to win. There's never a time where I don't really care who wins, with the exception of the Adam Lambert-Kris Allen finale, where I really liked them both.

All I have to say for next week is: GO CALEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: