Monday, May 19, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 18.10

I can't believe it's time for the Finale already! It seems like the season just started. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this season. I always do, but this season was special for some reason. The cast was fabulous, and it was hard to say goodbye to most of the celebrities.

As we roll into this Finale, I'm hoping that Mark will be able to dance. I saw earlier today that he was taken to the hospital yesterday when his shoulder popped out when doing a lift. That would be devastating for Candace if he can't dance. My guess is that either Tony or Val would step in to take his place if he can't dance. Why those 2? Well, Tony was her partner the week they switched, and possibly Val, because he was the last male pro eliminated. Let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

I honestly have no idea who will be eliminated tonight, and I have no idea who is going to win. It really could be any of them. I would have to think that it would be Candace or Amy going home tonight. I sure hope it's not James...I love him! I can't imagine it being Meryl, because her and Maks are just too fabulous and perfect together...they make magic happen every time they step on the floor.

Judges Picks: they will be dancing the same dance that they danced with switched partners in Week 4

James & Peta (58 total)

Repeat Dance-Tango
He looks amazing tonight, and Peta looks fabulous--I love her hair! I can't take my eyes off of him! Whoa, they totally just kissed!!!! This is a hot Tango! Look at those sharp and crisp lines. Way to go James! That was awesome! Loved every single millisecond of that!!!
Score: 29

Freestyle
Embracing some hip-hop and b-boy style...I LOVE IT! He looks so hot! I'm glad they incorporated some flips, because he is an amazing jumper. Look at those abs..oh my goodness! Nice spinning lift! He brought some hard core stuff there, and Peta ain't too bad either. Loved the run/flip on the wall. And now he's got a pole and he's doing martial arts! What can't this guy do. AWESOME!!!!! That's a freestyle baby!!!
Score: 29

Meryl & Maks (60 total)

Repeat Dance-Argentine Tango
What a leap of faith off that table. No doubt he was going to catch her. How amazing do these 2 look tonight?! Come on! His lifts are so effortless (no shocker because she can't weigh over 90 pounds). That was just so fun to watch. It seemed really short though. There just really isn't anything to say because the entire thing was perfection. If these 2 aren't a couple after this season, they are stupid, because they are totally meant for each other. And how fun for us, to watch them slowly fall in love over this season.
Score: 30

Freestyle
What a pose to start out in! Oh boy...bringin' on the sexy. Who would have thought Maks would go with another contemporary freestyle. He tried that once before and it didn't work out so well in the end. Normally, you have to go big to win, but this was so beautiful and powerful, and emotional, that it might just be enough. And they almost kiss! Incredible choreography...just incredible. This dance was supposed to represent their journey together, and I'd say they captured it pretty well.
Score: 30 (Len and Bruno try to give 11s)

Candace & Mark (51)


Repeat Dance-Quickstep
I can't believe he's OK to dance! Gotta say, this version of Rihanna's "Umbrella" is laughable. You can tell they haven't rehearsed this enough. It's kind of slow in places, and it looks like she didn't know a couple of the steps. But given what they've been through this week, it was still pretty darn good.
Score: 27

Freestyle
Gold, gold, and more gold! I love the song: "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai. I can't believe Mark's still attempting those lifts and the same one he got injured on. So funky...so Mark's style. This dance had a lot of different styles and she got thrown and tossed and spun through the air all over the place! I would say that the transitions weren't all that smooth, and I think she was thinking more about some of the moves that totally rocking out. But, that said, it was still a grand spectacle.
Score: 24 (ouch, that has to be the lowest freestyle score ever...don't think it should have been that low)

Amy & Derek (59 total)

Repeat Dance-Salsa
Holy moly! Those opening lifts were crazy! Especially for a girl who had severe back spasms again this week. She's bending and twisting like crazy! She even held a sort of b-boy move with her legs over her head...unassisted by Derek! Wow! And that last spin with her grabbing her legs was insane! If that is any indication of what their freestyle is going to be...they are going to be hard to beat, and we're in for a treat!
Score: 30

Freestyle
I literally cannot wait to see what Derek has in store for Amy. No one, and I mean no one can beat his choreography! I literally didn't type one word while they were dancing, I was immediately captivated by the music and the set, and I was sucked into a trance. I got mini goosebumps at the beginning...and then...the rope. A large rope hanging from the ceiling, hoisted her up and Derek twirled her, and she was spinning with one arm! I got huge goosebumps and my mouth literally dropped wide open. That was incredible! I agree with Carrie Ann that she can dance, and maybe there should have been more of her actually dancing, rather than Derek doing so many lifts. But the story, and her emotion really said it all. Wow. This is such a different finale freestyle for Derek. Again, he has pushed his own boundaries.
Score: 29

The Results

In Jeopardy: Candace & Mark and James & Peta
Going Home: James & Peta

Nooooooooooooooooo! I so wanted him to make it to the final 3. He so deserved to be there. I love Candace & Mark, but they have not danced at the level that James & Peta were at. He was so consistently good all season. He deserved to be in the final.

Now, I can whole-heartedly say: GO MERYL & MAKS!!!!!!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: