Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.23 & 6.24

Kristen (Team Christina)
Miranda Lambert - Gun Powder and Lead
Gee...how many times has this song been done on reality singing competitions? Way too many, that's the answer. At this point, you're gonna have to do something really interesting with the song, and she doesn't. She sings it pretty much just like the original. Vocally, it was a good performance, but it doesn't get me excited or make me want to vote for her. That said, this was probably one of her better songs.
My Score: 8

Jewel - Foolish Games
I love this song. Finally, it's not a country song! If her last song was her best, this one topped that. She's so much more enjoyable when she's not singing country. This was a really beautiful, heart-felt performance. Her other performances have always seemed a little fake, but this one was actually believable.
My Score: 9

Josh (Team Usher)

John Legend - All Of Me
This is one of my favorite songs right now. Josh did an amazing job with it. Parts of his voice are actually very similar to John Legend. I don't always love his song choice, and that has a lot to do with whether or not I like his performances. With this song, I absolutely loved his performance!
My Score: 10

OneRepublic - Love Runs Out
This is a really different side of Josh. I really like it! I think he needs to do more stuff like this.It was nice to see him do something up-tempo and he actually really got into it! I think this was one of his best performances. His voice sounded great. This was definitely the performance that is deserving to win the whole competition.
My Score: 10

Kat (Team Adam)
Sia - Chandelier
I am not familiar with this song. It's very interesting. She really made a huge performance of this. The production was crazy, her outfit was crazy. I can't believe how different she sounds on this song. It's not like anything we've heard her sing before. I didn't know she could sing those high notes! I wouldn't say it's my favorite performance, but man, she sang the heck out of it! It's absolutely crazy, the vocal acrobatics she did with that song. Wow.
My Score: 9

Idina Menzel - Let It Go
Again with this song...it's everywhere. I've never seen the movie Frozen, but I've heard this song way too much. I think it's decent song, but sometimes when you hear something so much, it loses something. I was really dreading her singing this song. As popular as it is, people are really passionate about the song, so they will either really like it or really not like it. I think she did a really good job with it. It was a bit "shouty" in places, but her last notes were incredible. This is definitely a surprising choice of songs, that I'm sure no one would have expected. It's nice to see her continue to take risks.
My Score: 9

Jake (Team Blake)
Waylon Jennings - Good Ol'Boys
Same performance we see from Jake every week, just a different song. Dare I say, he might have shown just a teeny bit more personality with this song than normal. Not much, but a little bit.
My Score: 7

Bryan Adams - Heaven
So now he sings a song I love! Just like with Kristen...I can actually enjoy their performance when they are not singing country. I didn't think I would ever like any of his performances. His voice sounded really good on this song. The best he's sounded all season. I'm glad he FINALLY did something different. He will probably alienate his country fans by doing so, but hey...he made me happy! So, thank you Jake!
My Score: 9

Christina (Team Adam)
Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
Oh no...no, no, no, no. This song should never be attempted on a singing reality show...or any show really. This is a very unique song, and it has to be handled very carefully. Many would say even the original isn't that good, depending on how you listen to it. I happen to kind of like the original. I don't know if I've heard anyone else do it where it sounded good. It was brave of her to attempt it. Parts of it were pretty good, but parts of it were kind of painful, mainly the screeching parts at the end.
My Score: 7

Fun. - Some Nights
I love this song...let's see how she can ruin it. Pleasant surprise! She actually sang it pretty true to the original. I like her singing this type song more than what she usually sings. My only complaint about this performance was that she was continually off-pitch. I'm sure no one else thought so, but she sounded flat on her low notes, and her high notes seemed to be sharp. Most people are saying she has the best voice in the competition, but I just don't hear what they are hearing. She has brief moments of amazingness, but those moments don't happen on every song like people think. Her voice is not that good...why doesn't everyone else agree?
My Score: 8

The Results

My Bottom 3: Kristen, Jake, Christina
Will be Bottom 3: Kat, Jake, Christina

Bottom 3: Kristen, Kat, Christina (interesting, both guys were safe and the 3 girls in the bottom)
How interesting that both Kristen and Kat sang Carrie Underwood songs! I'm hoping America like's Kat's better. Smart move singing a country song, for Kat, since America loves the country songs. I think Kat sang the heck out of that song and it was absolutely amazing. It might be one of her best songs yet! Kristen was OK, but no match for Kat! If Kat can pull off a win against Christina, singing one of the biggest songs of the last decade ("Apologize" by OneRepublic)....it will be a miracle. You know what I'm going to say...Christina was not as good as Kat. Unfortunately, Christina sang last, and people tend to only remember the last thing they hear. I'm hoping Kat's fans can pull off another win.

I've tweeted and retweeted as many as I can, but Kat is dying! The screecher Christina is doing exactly what I thought she would, and she was crushing Kat 70% to 20%. Kristen was at 1%. Yikes. Guess we know who the battle is between.
Instant Save: Christina
Going Home: Kristen and Kat

Ugh!!!! So mad right now. I KNEW that was going to happen. People seem to think that Christina is the best thing since sliced bread, and I just do not get it. I've been saying it for weeks...she's going to win.  Grrrr!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: