Monday, May 19, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.25 & 6.26

Christina

America's Pick: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
This was actually a pretty good performance. Her falsetto's on the high notes were a little too *something*...not sure what the right word is. Overall, I enjoyed this more than a lot of her other performances...minus the overdone screams at the end.
My Score: 9

Christina & Adam - Gotye & Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know
I absolutely love this song, and this is an absolutely amazing choice for the both of them. The guy part is perfect for Adam and the girl part is perfect for her. Neither of them really sound like the original, but it works so well for them. This was a match made in heaven and I would buy this performance in a heartbeat!

Her Pick: Elvis - Can't Help Falling In Love
Oh. No. Not another one. Jena did this song on Idol a couple weeks ago. This feels like a deja vu. She started out very similar to the way Jena did. The first big difference was that Jena played it on the piano while she was singing. I do have to say, I think Christina did a better job than Jena did. This was actually really beautiful. The more she sang, the more I really liked her arrangement and the choices she made with the melody.
My Score: 10

Jake


America's Pick: Keith Whitley - Don't Close Your Eyes
How many ways can you say "this was boring". That's all I got...it was boring. I couldn't wait for it to be over, and it seemed to go on forever. It was so blah! Nothing happened in this song. I wouldn't even say that his vocals were that good. The beginning was actually a little painful. The best part was the end, and not just because it was over...but he actually sounded his best on the last couple of notes.
My Score: 6

Coach Pick: Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
Another non-country song, and another better performance. I said it last week: he's so much more enjoyable (for me) when he's singing non-country songs. He still sounds "country" with his accent and the arrangement of the songs, so he's not losing his country by branching out and singing (in my opinion) better songs.
My Score: 9

Jake & Blake: Hank Williams, Jr. - Country Boy Can Survive
This is about as country as you can get. Let's just say: it's not my cup o' tea. Jake sounded like he was singing through his nose the whole time.

Josh

America's Pick: Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Not this song again! Why did America pick this one? I think he improved on it from the first time he sang it. He was really feeling it, and he was having a little party on stage. Those high notes were ridiculous! This guy is wicked talented.
My Score: 9

Josh & Usher: Police - Every Breath You Take
This was a great choice for them. I like them together

His Pick:  Adele - Set Fire To The Rain
Love this song! Very interesting choice for him, but it is really working! I don't know if this is my favorite performance of his, but it was really good. The further he got into the song, the more emotion he put into it and by the end, he was on his knees and there was fire. Wow!
My Score: 9

I think Christina wins this hands down. I just don't think even Josh did enough to overtake the powerhouse that is Christina. People have been predicting her win since the beginning, and I don't really see anything to suggest otherwise. Josh might have a slight chance, and there is the fact that both Josh and Jake were in the top 2 last week, so anything's possible I guess.


The Results

3rd Place: Christina
2nd Place: Jake
1st Place: JOSH!!!!!!

I have to say, I'm so happy! Christina actually started to grow on me in the last 2 weeks, and I wouldn't have been as bummed for her to win as I would have been several weeks ago. I am shocked that she came in 3rd. As good as she is (I can admit that now), she deserved either 2nd place or 1st. Her performances last night were killer, and I just have to wonder why people aren't voting for her. I am so surprised that Jake came in 2nd. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since both Jake and Josh were the top 2 last week.

This is a big win, because it is the first win for Usher. It is also the first time in the 6-season history of the show that someone other than Adam or Blake has won.

Another season in the books. Season 7 will be right around the corner before we know it, with Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams joining Adam and Blake in the big red chairs. Should be interesting. I'm hoping that next season, the live shows will live up to the awesome Blind and Battle rounds. For some reason, the talent always seems so amazing in the early rounds, and by the time we get to the final 16, or 12, I start to only care about a couple people, and the performances never seem as good. Not sure why that is.

Let's see if Josh fades into darkness like so many other Voice wins, or if he will see some success like Cassadee Pope.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: