Monday, April 7, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.13

The Battles, Round 2

Team Adam

Dawn & Hawkes vs. Kat - KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See"
I think this song is right up Dawn & Hawkes' alley, but yet it also suits Kat really well too. I wasn't really digging Dawn & Hawkes part of the song. I think Kat was really killing it. Even though the song suited them both, their styles didn't really mesh together well. I think Dawn & Hawkes were pretty boring, even though their vocals sounded good. I think Kat should win this one. Blake said it perfectly: it was almost like Dawn & Hawkes were backing Kat up. They really didn't have a moment to shine like Kat did.
WINNER: Kat

Britnee vs. Jake - Usher's "Climax"
The 2 Usher steals going head to head, doing an Usher song. I love Jake...go Jake! I am not a fan of this song at all. I think it shows off Britnee's vocals, but it doesn't show off the best of what Jake can do. I hope this song choice doesn't do him in. There's way too much falsetto in this song.
WINNER: Jake

Team Blake

Kaleigh vs. Ryan - Rascal Flatts' "Easy"
I just realized that he sounds a lot like the guy from Rascal Flatts...which is funny, because that's who they're singing. I had to look up who sang this song, after I had just typed who I thought he sounded like. I think they sounded really good together. I don't think either one stood out over the other, they were pretty equal vocally. Kaleigh's voice is just so pretty. I hope she wins.
WINNER: Ryan

Team Shakira

Clarissa vs. Dani - Pink's "Perfect"
I don't really think their voices blended together very well. Clarissa sounded off at the beginning, and again towards the end. Dani seemed pretty right on, and I think she killed it. I would definitely go with Dani.
WINNER: Dani

Team Usher

Music Box vs. Melissa - Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire"
I didn't really care for how Melissa over-pronounces every word. They sounded pretty good, but I think Music Box was probably a little better. Melissa had one weird quick high note. She also had some interesting note choices, but I liked what she did at the end of the song.
WINNER: Melissa

Bria vs. Madilyn - The Pretenders' "I'll Stand By You"
I love both of them. I'm glad Blake has a steal, so both of them will be staying. The question is: who will be on Team Usher and who will be on Team Blake. They both sound really good on this song. It's nice to hear Bria do something a little more mellow. Her voice is really amazing. But so is Madilyn's. They both have really good pitch.
WINNER: Bria
BLAKE STEAL: Madilyn

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: