Monday, April 21, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 18.6

Theme: Party Anthems
I think this is going to be a lot of fun! Can't wait to get the party started! I'm really loving all the theme weeks. It makes it so much more exciting when there is an overall theme that everyone ties into their different dances. Last week's Disney theme was awesome! I think it makes everyone's dancing better, because I think they have so much more fun.

NeNe & Tony - Salsa
Nelly - "It's Getting Hot In Here"
Look at Tony shimmy! Holy crap, I didn't know he could shimmy his chest that fast! Tony's choreography was really great! It looked like something Derek or Mark would have done. And then he even lost the shirt, which he normally never does! He looked amazing! NeNe definitely busted a move on that one. I didn't really see anything wrong with that; it was a lot of fun! She wasn't quite as fast as Tony, but it was still good.
Score: 33

Candace & Mark - ChaCha
Icona Pop - "I Love It"
I love her look this week! She seems to be thinking a little too much, and her face doesn't always match what she should be feeling. It got better the further it went. By the end, she was really rocking it out and feeling it. I think it was a pretty good performance.
Score: 32

James & Peta - Quickstep
"You're the One That I Want" from Grease
He is the perfect Danny, and she is the perfect Sandy! I know I say it (or at least think it) every week, but geesh, he looks so hot! The Quickstep is always so fast, I can never tell if they are missing steps or not. He seemed to be keeping up pretty well. I will say, I don't know that it was my favorite dance of his. I really wanted to love it. I think maybe it was too short...I think it was just so jam-packed...and even for a Quickstep...it was just so rushed. But, he's just great...love him!
Score: 35

Danica & Val - ChaCha
Whitney Houston - "I Wanna Dance with Somebody"
They are just way too cute together! She nailed every turn and every hand placement. She did really well on the parts where she was separated from Val. She owned the dance and had a blast with it. Great performance! She didn't seem to be thinking about the dance, she was just moving and going with what she was feeling.
Score: 36

Meryl & Maks - Tango

Calvin Harris - "Feel So Close"
Meryl is such a good fit for Maks. I can't believe how well she took on the leadership role to try to talk Maks out of his funk, where he was questioning himself. What an amazing partnership.I knew she would be great at the Tango (I mean, what isn't she good at?). Maks channeled his frustration from the week, and was so powerful. He was really in the zone as he whipped her around the floor. Another stellar performance by these 2. I can't believe how much I like watching her dance! Before the season started, I thought she would be annoying, but I've really changed how I feel about her.
Score: 40 (It's about time she gets a perfect score!)

Drew & Cheryl - Tango
Rick James - "Super Freak"
Whoa, he really looks like a pimp! That's what they were going for and it worked. I think this is the first time he's danced with his mouth closed, and totally looking serious. It's totally believable. There is a lot of content, and he really rocked it out! I love the "Super Freak" dance moves at the end!
Score: 32

Charlie & Sharna - ChaCha
C & C Music Factory - "Everybody Dance Now"
OMG I love this dance! I love the 90s black light/day glow stuff on their outfits! Who knew he could move like that?! At the beginning of the season, I would have never in a million years have imagined him doing a dance like this. It was so awesome! Nothing else I can say!
Score: 36

Amy & Derek - Jive
Isley Brothers - "Shout"
I like Derek's theme of wedding crashers, and I love how she ripped off her dress! She looked like she might have gotten off on the wrong foot at one point, but it didn't mess her up. It was great to see that her legs held up to all the quick fast movements. It was amazing to think that those aren't really her legs doing all those movements! And she did a cartwheel! Wow!
Score: 38

Results:

In Jeopardy: Candace & Mark, Danica & Val, Drew & Cheryl

Going Home: Drew & Cheryl


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: