Monday, April 28, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 18.7

Hello Ricky Martin, and hello to beautifully bare abs and shaking hips! It's Latin night!

Amy & Derek - Rumba
For the first time, her legs looked a little awkward in the dance. The Rumba is so sensual, and her stiff legs didn't allow for the fluidity you would normally expect. That said, it was still very romantic and she danced it well. I would have liked to see a little bit more of a connection with Derek, though. [We just found out that Amy injured her back during the dance and is being looked at by doctors.]
Score: 36

James & Peta - Samba
OK, I hated Peta's outfit at first. But whoa, when he ripped off her overalls...holy moly! Oooh and there goes James's shirt! Hallelujah! Who cares that he is dancing perfectly because he looks just so amazing doing it! Hot, hot, hot! Their chemistry is insane. The choreography was amazing. I will be SUPER bummed if he goes home.
Score: 35

Danica & Val - Salsa
Poor Danica! I was so worried when I heard she broke her rib earlier this week. Val tweeted that they had missed 3 days of rehearsals. She is a real trooper to even be attempting this! The way she's shimmying you would have no idea that her rib is broken. How the heck is she doing that?! She looks so hot! I love the hip-hop moves. It totally suits the music. Val's choreography on this one is exceptional! That has to hurt so badly when he pulls her arms or twists her...or lifts her...oh my goodness!
Score: 33

NeNe & Tony - Argentine Tango
The tweets have spoken, and the people want Tony to dance with his shirt off! A whopping 90%! Woohoo! I love this song. How I would love to be NeNe dancing with all those hot guys right now! NeNe is really ruining this hot dance for me. I loved the guys...could have totally done without her part. I was so distracted by Tony's abs that I wasn't really watching to see how she was at doing the actual dance.
Score: 31

Charlie & Sharna - Paso Doble
Just like James...I'm going to be very sad if Charlie is voted out tonight. He is bringing a lot of passion, but he isn't quite all there. His leap could have been bigger and better. He seems a little off-balance and a little behind the music. That's so unlike him. He ended on a big note with running and catching her by the neck. Whoa! Oh, and he lost his shirt too!
Score: 36 (10 from Ricky)

Candace & Mark - Argentine Tango

I have to say, I'm entirely shocked that Candice isn't in jeopardy tonight. Candice looks great tonight! I think her meeting with the therapist helped her. She let it all go and didn't seem to have stage fright. She hit every move with her legs, which is so important in this dance. She captured the mood and the feel and her legs were amazing. They had some really great lifts. Way to go Candice!
Score: 35

Meryl & Maks - Salsa
No doubt that this was going to be hot. I love when he just throws her around. This routine was so fast and sexy beyond belief. She even showed off a lot of moves on her own away from Maks. There just really isn't anything she can't do.
Score: 39

Team Dances

Team Vida: Charlie & Sharna, James & Peta, NeNe & Tony
Whoa, guys flipping guys! They definitely have some strong male presence on their team. Nene seemed to be shaking in all the wrong places! The team stuff didn't seem to be too in sync, but the solo portions were all really good.  Unfortunately, they seemed to spend a lot of time everywhere but the dancefloor. I thin Charlie actually stole the show with his solo. I expected James to be the one to do that. The ending was really strong, but It seemed a little too slow. It felt like it should have been jumping and jiving all over the place. It just kind of seemed to drag in places.

I didn't even think about it that all of them in this dance are the 3 teams that are in jeopardy. That doesn't seem like a coincidence at all does it?
Score:35

Team Loca: Amy & Derek, Meryl & Maks, Candace & Mark, Danica & Val
How awful! Because Amy is hurt, none of them get to perform the dance live. They will be showing their rehearsal footage instead. I was so looking forward to this dance because I thought they were going to kill it. We all know that rehearsal footage never scores high. And poor Derek, he is undefeated in team dances. This could put an end to that.

They seem to all be doing well together and are in sync. They all look so amazing! I liked their transitions from one couple to the next. That's Derek's choreo for you. Wow, Mark had Candace upside down and spun her around! That was incredible. Ending it up with Meryl & Maks...could those 2 be any hotter? The caliber of this team is just so much higher than the other team. There really is no comparison. And we're seeing the rehearsal! Just imagine how good it would have been live! They performed it just about as good....couldn't even tell it was the rehearsal. I sure hope the judges score appropriately here. Shouldn't even be a close score. And how cool that the ones who could dance did for the audience. Love this group!
Score: 39

The Results

In Jeopardy: James & Peta, Charlie & Sharna, NeNe & Tony
The only outcome I will be happy with is if NeNe goes home. In absolutely no way, shape or form do James or Charlie deserve to go home before her.

Going Home: NeNe & Tony
I AM SHOCKED!!!!!! I thought for sure with her fan base that she would probably beat out James. I'm so glad that his talent has spoken for himself and the fans have rallied to support it. Hallelujah! My momma will be happy! She can't stand NeNe and was so ready for her to go. She's done well, but it was time to go.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: