Monday, April 7, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 18.4

Switch-Up in the Ballroom!
Based on viewer votes, all of the stars will be partnered with new pros (for this week only). Another switch is that no one is going to be eliminated tonight. The scores will be combined with last week's scores and the lowest vote-getter will be sent home next week.

Julianne Hough is the guest judge this week.

Candace & Tony - Quickstep
How cute are they with their pink hair! They look like they are having so much fun! I'm sure Tony is thinking "so this is what it's like to be with a contender". Tony went full-out with this choreography! It was so fast! That was so much fun to watch!
Score: 28 (60/80)

James & Cheryl - Tango
Loving the opening with Cheryl on the throne! James looks awesome with his shirt jacket open. Whoa, he just did a cartwheel! I'm liking him more and more every week. He is totally nailing the stern character. He looks so serious! They look so good together and are so in sync. I didn't know how good their chemistry would be, but that almost-kiss was steamy! Whew!
Score: 35 (71/80)

Drew & Witney - ChaCha
The beginning solo Drew had was hilarious! This is the fastest we've seen him move, and for the most part, he actually kept up. There were a couple times he lost it just a little bit. I think Witney did a great job on the choreography of this dance.
Score: 33 (63/80)

Danica & Maks - Jive
How cool! From one Chmerkovskiy brother to the other! Sweet little Danica was really putting him in his place. Ha! I love her outfit, she looks amazing. They looked like they were having so much fun! I love the character that Maks was playing...he was so cute! This dance was really moving, and I think she did an absolutely fabulous job! Julianne was really brutal in saying that she thought he phoned in the routine so he could get back to Meryl. I think that was really unfair. I thought the choreography and his performance was his normal stellar standards.
Score: 32 (68/80)

Charlie & Peta - Rumba
Finally! Someone has forced Charlie to do something with that unruly hair of his! Not sure it's the best look, but at least it's something different. I never realized it, but he looks a lot like Steve Zahn. I LOVE the color of purple in their outfits! Gorgeous! I wasn't so sure about this match-up, but they worked very well together. And, I mean, Charlie is just really talented. We've seen him dance enough to know that he can dance just about anything. They showed a lot of chemistry and it was a really beautiful dance. It was a little creepy though how their hair looks exactly the same!
Score: 33 (69/80)

Amy & Mark - Salsa
I love how serious Mark is taking Amy's training. It was so cool to see him and Derek comparing notes about how to help her and work with her. This song was really strange...not what I would call a Salsa. The whole dance was a little strange as well. I kind of expected more from Mark. I think she did a really good job with it though. I think it was the song that was really making me question what was going on.
Score: 34 (70/80)

Cody & Sharna - Foxtrot
2 Aussies! How cool! Sharna's putting him in his place! How cool, he's singing at the beginning of the performance! That's never been done before! I hate what the show singers are doing to this Jason Mraz song :/ They look so good together! There's that classic Cody flare...adding in just enough to this classic ballroom style to be respectful of the dance, but also show his personality. That was so cute!
Score: 31 (66/80)

NeNe & Derek - Jazz
What?! This is the ONLY pairing that makes NO sense! There's no way that America picked this pairing! I thought for sure it was going to be Meryl and Derek. I'm so bummed....except their costumes look awesome! What the heck is NeNe wearing?! This is the strangest Jazz routine I've ever seen! NeNe is rocking it though! I think it's like an African Jazz...which Derek has been known to do in the past. This will most definitely be her highest scoring number. And oh my goodness, he just did a jump over her! Whoa!
Score: 32 (63/80)

Meryl & Val - Argentine Tango
Is it a little strange that both girls switched Chermkovskiy brothers? Seems kind of fishy to me. I wonder if Val will be as infatuated with Meryl as Maks is. Yep...he's braiding her hair! OMG! She looks amazing! This tango is so fast! How the heck is he spinning that fast with her?! Oh my, she just did a front walkover over his leg and back. That backbend was sick! Oh my...I can't even believe how good that was! Ridiculous! That better get all 10s!
Score: 39 (78/80)

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: