Wednesday, December 18, 2013

X Factor, Ep. 3.24

Carlito Olivero (Boys-Paulina)
Performance #1: I love this song, and I love that he sang it with some parts in Spanish. He was amazing, and I loved it!

Performance #2: He performed with Prince Royce. I'd never heard of Prince Royce (which is shocking because I've usually at least heard of everyone). It was a really good performance, they sounded really good together.

Performance #3: He performs "Maria" again. This was one of my favorite performances of his the first time around. This performance didn't disappoint either.

Alex & Sierra (Groups-Simon)
Performance #1: I love when Alex plays the guitar. Beautifully done. Alex was AMAZING on his solo part! They are always so good when they sing together, but I love how good they are separate, too. Alex was so on fire on this song, wow!

Performance #2: They performed with Leona Lewis on her song "Bleeding Love". It was a little too slow for me. I didn't think it worked as good as I would have liked it to.

Performance #3: They perform "Say Something" again. I loved this performance the last time they sang it. It was absolutely beautiful, and they did the same this time. Love them!

Jeff Gutt (Over 25s-Kelly)
Performance #1:
Holy crap is he amazing! He picks the absolute best songs! I loved the laser lights, that was sick! Nothing else to say other than he rocked it! He even nailed the classic Steven Tyler scream at the end. Awesome! Every performance is better than the last.

Performance #2: He performs with John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls on the Goo Goo Doll's song "Iris". It wasn't the most phenomenal performance, but it was still really good...up until the end when something weird happened and they both messed up and didn't start singing when they should have. Not really sure what happened there. But boy did the judges LOVE IT!

Performance #3: He chooses to sing his audition song "Creep" again. I love this song, and I loved his performance of it the first time. He looks like such a rockstar, it's incredible!

Final Thoughts and Predictions
I could not be more in love with this final 3! For once, I think all 3 acts deserve to be in the final 3. I personally love all 3. That just never happens. I think all 3 deserve to win, not only because of the vocal skills and awesome performances, but also because they seem like really genuine, kind, and loving people. All 3 are amazing! I have loved Alex & Sierra and Jeff from the audition round, and they've lasted to the final round, and I couldn't be happier. Carlito came in as a dark horse, and in the middle of the competition, he just exploded and has been improving every week. He now shows real star quality.

This really could go to any of the 3 I think. Realistically, I don't know if Carlito can surpass either Alex & Sierra or Jeff, though. I think it's a little bit of a longshot. From the beginning, I've thought that Jeff has been the best performer, singer, and most consistent act who knew who he was from the beginning and made smart choices. He has performed so strong every single week, so I think he might have the slightest of edges. But it's in America's hands, and you never know how the votes are going to fall.

I really hope that this is the season that produces some legitimate stars. So far, the first 2 seasons have pretty much been duds. I really thought Carly Rose Sonenclar would go places because she was phenomenal, but I haven't seen or heard anything from her. I would love to hear all 3 of these acts on the radio. Someone please sign them!!!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: