Monday, December 16, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.25

Tessanne Chin (Team Adam)
Coach's First Impression Song-Pink's "Try"-I love this song, and I love how she sings it. So much power and emotion.

Duet w/ Adam-The Beatles' "Let it Be"-They sing so well together. This was just an awesome performance. I totally didn't expect the raggae breakdown, but it totally worked, and it was perfect!

Finale Performance-Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing"-This song has been done so many times. She sang it as good as anyone ever has...including Whitney, herself. Flawless vocals from her every single time.

Will Champlin (Team Adam)
Coach's First Impression Song-Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You"-Another song I love. It wasn't one that stood out to me the first time he sang it, but he always performs well. He's gotten stronger every week, and I think this performance was a lot better than the first time he sang it. I think he did a lot more with the song this time (at least from what I remember). I like all the note changes he always does, they are always so unexpected because you don't know what he's going to do. And the changes aren't enough to make you say that the song isn't the same because of the changes.

Duet w/ Adam-Elton John's "Tiny Dancer"-I wasn't blown away with the performance, but it was still good. It was a little on the boring side. I expected a little more from them. I think a different song would have been better.

Finale Performance-Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do"-I love this song, and I think he's going to do it justice. The more I hear Will, the more I fall in love with his voice. There's just something so genuine and soothing about it. This was one of his best performances. He took Adam's notes about not changing the song too much, but he changed some of the notes just enough to make it interesting, and I think he always improves the songs somehow when he makes them his own. The change to the end of the song was just incredible! And then he goes to his wife and beautiful daughter at the end...brought tears to my eyes!

Jacquie Lee (Team Christina)
Coach's First Impression Song-Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black"-Another great song, that I love. I, like Christina, was impressed the first time she sang this song. Most people just can't compare to Amy Winehouse, but this girl sure can. She absolutely killed this song, it was amazing! She did borderline on a bit too screechy at the end of the song, but somehow when she does it, I don't mind it like I normally do when girls screech/scream.

Duet w/ Christina-Christina Aguilera's "We Remain"-Gorgeous girls in red. Great performance, not much else to say.

Finale Performance-Jennifer Hudson's "I'm Not Going"-Oh, I hate this song with a passion! I've never liked it. Of course her vocals were spot-on, and it was incredibly powerful. I just can't get behind that song. So it was not my favorite performance...just because of the awful song choice.

Final Thoughts...
I think it's going to come down to the girls. As much as I love Will, I just don't know if he can compete with these lovable powerhouses. His last song is going to make it interesting though. I thought it was interesting that Adam said he thinks Tessanne was going to win. I do agree with Adam, though. I have thought for many weeks that she seemed to be the frontrunner. But, we'll see, anything can happen.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: