Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Sing-Off, Ep. 4.2

Theme: Favorite Party Jams

Vocal Rush
This was OK, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. At the beginning it seemed a bit hectic and all over the place, but it got better as the song went on.

Home Free
I can see this group is going to get on my nerves if they let the guy with the deep voice sing solos. I'm not a fan of that at all. I think the guy that started off the song did a great job at the lead. It was a decent performance, but I wasn't blown away.

VoicePlay
OK, it's official: I do not like Honey's voice. She sounds like a cartoon. I would like the group if it wasn't for her, because I like the guys. I think the focus is too much on her and not them as a group. By the end of the performance, I was just ready for it to be over and for catterwalling to be done.

Street Corner Renaissance
I just have to say that I love that one of the guys asked another contestant to show him how to beatbox and he said you're never too old to learn. That was just too cool! The performance started out kind of slow and boring, especially considering that the theme is "Party Jams". It wasn't exactly an exciting party, other than one of the guys doing some pretty fancy dance moves for an old guy. The end of the song sounded pretty bad, in my opinion. I didn't really care for it.

Element
I think the song started out way too low. When the got to the chorus, it got a lot better. I don't know why, but I'm just not loving any of these performances. I'm waiting for someone to blow me away, and this definitely did not. The last line of the song was the best of the whole song.

AcoUstiKats
I could tell right from the beginning that this was going to be my favorite performance of the night. They are the first group to actually have fun! They brought the fun with their song choice and what they did with it. It was awesome! The background was awesome, the featured singers were awesome, and Mama Kat gave them some great choreography to work with. Gotta love those high notes at the end...wow! Absolutely awesome!

Calle Sol
I don't know if I like their slowed-down beginning. Once they got to the chorus and it picked up tempo, it was better. There seemed to be a lot of extra, unnecessary things going on in the background that were a little distracting. It was OK, but not great.

Ten
Finally, another group having fun! This was a great performance. The guys did a great job, especially. I liked their choreography, it was a lot of fun. There were a lot of really good moments by several different people in the group.

The Filharmonic
This was a great song choice for them. They nailed the quick lyrics. I love that everyone got in on the fun and got to share in the spotlight. Great vocal performance and it was entertaining too. One of the best of the night.

The Results

Bottom 2: Calle Sol and AcoUstiKats
WHAT?!? I don't even know what to say about that. There were about 5 other groups that should be in the bottom before AcoUstiKats. That is just so not right. I'm going to be very upset if they leave already. Figures, I pick them as my favorites and they're already in the bottom 2. It was between them and Element, and they had way more negative things to say about Element. I just don't get it.

Ultimate Sing-Off
I don't think there is going to be any comparison between these 2 groups. AcoUstiKats are far superior. I don't agree with the vocalist they chose to do the lead for this song. When they got to the chorus, they really brought it, except for the guy doing falsetto wasn't that great...come on guys! Fortunately, I wasn't digging was Calle Sol was doing either. OK, now falsetto guy killed it with that high note! Oh boy, this is going to be tough. AcoUstiKats were not as good as they normally are, I'm a little disappointed in them. I sure hope it was enough to keep them in the competition.

Eliminated: Calle Sol
Whew! At least the judges got this one right.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: