Friday, December 13, 2013

The Sing-Off, Ep. 4.3

Theme: Favorite Hits

Note: only 4 groups will be competing; the other 4 groups will compete on the next show (Monday, Dec. 16)

Ten
"Chain of Fools" -I really like what they did with the song. I like the way they slowed it down and gave it a great pounding, funky beat in the background. I didn't care for their "remix" craziness at the end. Overall, it was a pretty good performance, and I liked it better than their last one.

AcoUstiKats
"Amazed" -Definitely not my favorite song in the world. I like their goofy fun stuff, and this was much more slow than what we've seen from them before. Even though I like their more upbeat performances better, this was a great vocal performance. There wasn't a lot of fluff and extras, it was just singing and great harmonies. The high notes gave me chills.

Special moment...Mike, one of the singers, pulled his girlfriend up on stage and proposed! How cute!

Street Corner Renaissance
"Forget You" -I think they did a good job with song. They kept it simple and fun. The lead was good and I liked the background. I think this was their best performance. It was solid all around. I liked their few little comedic injections. It was fun to watch!

The Filharmonic
"One More Night" -Love this song, and I think it's a great choice for them. I got chills! I love their "lead" singer, I think he is really talented. Their beats on this song were sick! I love how they slowed the song down a little in the middle and then picked it up again at the end. I LOVED the key change at the end...that was so unexpected! I absolutely love what they did with this song! So cool! Favorite performance of the night for sure!

The Results

Ultimate Sing-Off: Street Corner Renaissance vs. The Filharmonic
The Filharmonic should NOT be in the bottom! They were so good!

It's the "old" vs. the "young"...I love what The Filharmonic did with the song to make it fresh and new. SCR did well, but I don't think they bring enough to the table. The Filharmonic were doing some pretty cool dance moves.

It's great to see the respect between the 2 groups.

Eliminated: Street Corner Renaissance

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: