Wednesday, December 11, 2013

X Factor, Ep. 3.22

Each of the final 4 acts will be singing 3 times in the semifinals: a song picked by the public, a duel against another act, and a song they pick for themselves.

Carlito Olivero (Boys-Paulina)

America's Choice: Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend"
This was a great song choice for him. He did well with the rapping parts, and the singing parts were really good as well. I thought his dance moves were good, and it was a really good overall performance. I wasn't totally blown away, but I liked it.

Vs. Alex & Sierra
His first part was really soft, but he found his groove with his second go. Carlito had a really nice long note. He held his own, but I don't think he matched up.

Singer/Coach Choice
Marc Anthony's "I Need To Know" is a perfect choice for him. I love this song! His performance was awesome! I love this guy more and more every time he sings. His Spanish just really makes the performance. This guy deserves, and needs to be in the final.

Restless Road (Groups-Simon)

America's Choice: Luke Bryan's "That's My Kind of Night"
Wow, they are starting off really rough. Their harmony does not sound good at all, and the low guy seems really off. I of course hate the song choice, because it's about as country as you can get. At the 2nd time on the chorus it sounded a lot better. The performance ended up being a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Vs. Jeff Gutt
They held their own on this rock song, and had some good harmonies. It was nice to hear "low guy" sing in a normal singing range. They provided nice background, but they were not strong enough on their own to overtake Jeff.

Singer/Coach Choice
Finally a country song I kind of like: However, deep voice guy ruined this song for me. I don't like their version as much as the original. Vocally, it was OK, but it was really, really boring. If they make it through to the final, it's only because little girls and country fans are voting them through...not because they are actually good enough to be there.

Alex & Sierra (Groups-Simon)


America's Choice: Of Monsters And Men's "Little Talks"
This is one of my absolute favorite songs, and I love that America chose this for them....it's PERFECT! Her voice is perfect for the girl part on this song. I like how they came out walking side by side and then took their place on opposite sides of the song, as the song built up in intensity. They really found their groove when it picked up tempo. I was starting to get a little worried that it was a little on the boring side. But again, they gave just a great performance. I do like the original and the up-temponess of it a little more than this version, but I still love them.

Vs. Carlito Olivero
Their first part was very rocky, their voices were blending very well, but like Carlito, they found their groove on their second part. Sierra blew them all away with her extended note at the end. When they were singing together, they totally knocked Carlito out.

Singer/Coach Choice
Another great choice for them: "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles. This was such a beautiful performance. I don't even need to say it, because I'm sure you know it...I loved it! Their vocals were incredible, and they put so much heart and emotion into that song.

Jeff Gutt (Over 25s-Paulina)

America's Choice: Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah"
Again, America picked THE perfect song. This song was made for Jeff. He auditioned with it last year, and it was epic. This was even more epic. It gave me chills. It just blows my mind that they cut him last year. He is obviously so incredibly talented. He gave everything he had to this performance and it was mind-blowing! The crowd went absolutely crazy.

Vs. Restless Road
He opened the song so strongly...classic Jeff. He sounded so good on his parts, he sounded a lot like the original. Him being only one person, blew the other 3 out of the water!

Singer/Coach Choice
Oh my gosh, another great song choice! I'm LOVING this song right now. He totally killed it! Absolute perfection! Can we just please give him the win now? Seriously, I've said it before, but he is on a completely different level than everyone else. That performance...there just aren't words to describe how awesome it was. Wow!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: