Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Sing-Off, Ep. 4.5

Theme: Movie Music

Home Free
"Pretty Woman"-Definitely not my favorite performance of theirs, but it was still really good. I liked the way they changed the song in the middle.

Vocal Rush
"Against All Odds"-Unfortunately, it was kind of boring because it's a slower song. It was nice how it continued to build as the song progressed. When the key changed, it really got good.

AcoUstiKats
"Old Time Rock 'N Roll"-Another really fun performance from these guys. They made some interesting changes to the song and made it really interesting. And then you have to love when they pulled off the pants to reveal white underwear like Tom Cruise in the movie.

Filharmonic
"Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"-Not my favorite song in the world. It was OK, but I wasn't blown away. It was clear that they were feeling a lot of emotion and that the song meant a lot to them.

VoicePlay
"Don't You Forget About Me"-I'm really starting to get annoyed with Honey's voice. Besides her, I liked what they did with the song. It got a little bit whiny for me.

Ten
"Skyfall"-They did a really good job capturing the essence of the song and it was kind of haunting. I loved the smoke effect. The backgrounds were amazing on this song. It was incredibly loud and powerful at the end!

Ultimate Sing-Off #1: VoicePlay vs. AcoUstiKats
"Eye of the Tiger"-I love AcoUstiKats' choreography in the background. VoicePlay got in on the comedy action, that was nice to see. I think they are matched pretty well vocally, neither one is stranding out over the other. I have definitely liked AcoUstiKats a lot better throughout the competition, so I really hope they stay.

Ultimate Sing-Off #2: Vocal Rush vs. Ten
"Fame"-Again, both groups are really strong and are really equal. I think it could be either of them.

Ultimate Sing-Off #3: Home Free vs. Filharmonic
"I'm Alright"-I love the choreography! Both groups are really strong, just like in the other 2 match-ups. I love how both groups are working together with the choreography and exchanging vocals. Really cool performance!

Eliminated: VoicePlay and AcoUstiKats

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: