Monday, December 9, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.24

Top 5: Semi-finals

James Wolpert (Team Adam)
This U2 songs is going to be amazing for him! This song is so iconic. He stayed true to the original, but he also infused a few little personal touches, which was just awesome! His voice has never sounded better. I love this type of song for him because it allows him to have a big rock moment, but it also shows that he has a range and that he can sing more tender ballads as well. Loved it!!!

Will Champlin (Team Adam)
I'm not sure that this song is going to be quite right for him. But, knowing him, I'm sure he'll turn it into something wonderful. I love the slowed-down beginning, that was really cool. And...I was right, he totally made the song his own, and I think he actually did it better than the original! I don't necessarily consider the song itself to be a great display of vocal ability, but he definitely turned that around! Wow!

Jacquie Lee (Team Christina)
It's nice to see her singing a more modern song. I feel like her last few songs have been so old. She gave a beautiful performance. It was very moving. I think it might have been just a little bit better if she would have sung it a little more softly. She tends to go full blast on every single song. I think this song would have been better if she would have toned it down just a little. But that girl's got some pipes!

Cole Vosbury (Team Blake)
Oh no, I think I might really like this! Out of the 5 left, Cole is the one I would like to see leave next. Unfortunately, this was a really good performance. He is at his best when he sings songs like this. Seeing him at the piano was a nice change. I like the change in dynamics from the quietness at the piano, to him rocking it out at the end. Those high notes at the end were crazy good...until he went just a tad flat on the way down.

Tessanne Chin (Team Adam)
Yet another side and another dimension to Tessanne. There isn't anything that she can't sing. I have to say I like this style better than the raggae, because it shows off just what an incredible vocalist she really is. This was so incredibly good, and I got goosebumps! I might just take a wild stab in the dark, but I think Tessanne might just be this year's winner. She just had another massive "moment". Wow!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: