Wednesday, March 20, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.20 & 12.21

Top 9: Songs of The Beatles (Lennon and McCartney)

Aubrey wins America's vote and she will be going on tour with the Top 10.

Kree-"A Little Help From My Friends"
Pretty good job with this song. She kind of added a country flair to the song. It was very nice. I'm not blown away, but there wasn't really anything wrong with it. I just find her rather boring.
My Score: A-

Burnell-"Let It Be"
I actually really like this song for him. His sort of raggae style sounds kind of cool on this song. I think he sang it really well. Much better than last week.
My Score: A

Amber-"She's Leaving Home"
Gotta say, I don't think I've ever heard this song. I don't like it at all (the song, not her voice). I think she sang it really well, but I just didn't care for the song, which makes it hard to like the performance. The whole thing was rather dull.
My Score: B

Lazaro-"My Life"
This is not the right song for him. He starts off really on the wrong pitch and the whole thing just sounds off. Again, the song was too low for him. About half-way through, it gets a little better. It's such a shame because he's done so much better than this in the past. Later we find out that he just learned the song the night before...he had chosen a different one, but needed to change it.
My Score: C-

Candice-"Come Together"
This is a really different kind of song for her, but she definitely rocked it.
My Score: A

Paul-"Eleanor Rigby"
I really enjoyed the performance. I think he did a really good job with it. However, the judges really ripped him apart! Wow...he didn't deserve that! I did not agree with Nicki that it was bland and forgettable.
My Score: B+

Angie-"Yesterday"
I think this song could be really good for her. I just love the tone of her voice, it is just so effortless and crystal clear. I'm kind of surprised she didn't play the piano on this one. Either way, she killed the vocal.
My Score: A

Devin-"The Long and Winding Road"
This is definitely an improvement from last week. He really does have an amazingly powerful voice. Something about him just doesn't do it for me. He wasn't as boring this week, but somehow, he's still very forgettable.
My Score: A-

Janelle-"I Will"
I've never heard this song, but I think it was a good choice for her. It was nice to hear her do something a little different. It is a surprising song for them to decide to end the night with. Most of the song was good, but she seemed kind of shaky in some parts.
My Score: B



Week 2 Results

The Bottom 3: Paul, Devin and Amber

ELIMINATED and no save used: Paul

I was totally right about the bottom 3 this week...but I really thought it was going to be Devin this week. I didn't think he did enough to gain popularity. His days are numbered, it's just a matter of when he goes.

2 comments:

Aunt Jane said...

Totally agree with your grading. Hated that Curtis got voted off. While I like them all, I think Curtis had more talent than Lazaro. If you google who is Lazaro, you get several video's. one is him singing a praise song at church. I really like him, but he doesn't have as good a voice as curtis. Anyway. I loved all 10 & would love to see them in concert. Hate to vote anyone off & it has to happen. It's been intersting watching them grow.

Lori Showalter said...

I agree. Lazaro is such an inspiration, and I've really liked him from the beginning. Unfortunately, he is inconsistent and is not as good as some of the others. But, that's just the way it goes on this show. I'm glad he made it as far as he did, but it is probably time for him to go now. I think he will probably make it another couple of weeks yet just based on his story, and the fact that some of the others don't seem to be connecting with the audience and don't have much of a personality. I think Angie and Candice are the best 2, and I think it will be one of them to win it.