Wednesday, March 6, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.16

Top 10 Guys Perform, America Votes

Elijah
This Rihanna song is perfect for him. He sounds so much better than last week. I finally see why the judges were so crazy for him (kind of). The only negative was that it didn't really go anywhere, it was all kind of one-note. Oh dear, I agree with Randy again.

Cortez
He's got a lot of energy, but something just isn't working for me. Maybe it is that incessant screetching/squeaking in the background music...what is that? Overall, it was a decent performance, but I'm not overly wowed by it.

Charlie
Oh my goodness! I don't even know what to say about this! He's got his hair pulled back, which makes him look so different. Then he's got this one long dangly earring. Then he's showing off his white pale skin with a tank top...what? And that's all before I can even start listening to him! I don't recognize the song, but boy he starts getting into it! It was a much better vocal this week. Last week, he really got lost and carried away. This week he was much more controlled. The judges were really hard on him. Poor guy, he started breaking down and Ryan has to kind of be a therapist and try to encourage him. I just don't know if he is mentally/emotionally stable enough for a competition like this.

Nick
I love when he plays the piano. But, I wish he would have picked a better song. I don't think that particular Goo Goo Dolls was quite the right choice. He's got such a nice voice, but it was just too slow and boring. I don't think he did himself any favors with that one. I wish he would have done the same one that he did during Hollywood week.

Burnell
I'm starting to think that this guy's the real deal. I wasn't so sure about him early on, but he's bringing it! I don't know this song, but he's singing the crap out of it.

Paul
I love this song by Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton! This was a very good song choice for him. I loved everything about this performance. The Paul from previous rounds is back! He wasn't especially good in the last round, and almost went home for it. But this week, he's back to doing what I love about him. I don't know why the judges didn't like it as much as I did.

Lazaro
I sure hope the nerves don't get the better of him tonight! Interesting song choice. He definitely started out much stronger than he has in the past. Boy, when he hit the top of the 2nd verse, he hit it hard! Way to go Lazaro! He looked like he was so much more comfortable than he ever has! I'm so happy for him! And that last note was killer! That's what I'm talking about! He just proved he deserves to be in the competition as a competitor and not just as a result of people feeling sorry for him and his stuttering.

Curtis
Who sings "I Believe I Can Fly" any more? Never cared much for that song. Whoa...that was a high note he just hit! Dude can definitely sing!

Devin
I've always loved his voice. Unfortunately, he picked a very boring, unrecognizable song. Following Curtis didn't do him any favors either. I don't think it's going to quite cut it, even though vocally, it was really good. He also doesn't have a very memorable personality...I just don't think it's going to work for him.

Vincent
I find this guy very, very annoying. He sounded like he was really sharp, and his high notes were really screetchy. For someone who has a headache (me) this did NOT help. I find him very similar to Curtis in style, voice, etc. and I think Curtis beats him on every point. I'm actually surprised...I figured the judges would love it, and they didn't.

My Picks to move on, in order:

1. Lazaro
2. Paul
3. Burnell
4. Curtis
5. Nick

No comments: