Tuesday, March 5, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.15

Top 10 Girls Perform, America Votes

Zoanette
Big surprise, I find myself wondering, again, why in the world this girl is in the Top 10. In a season that has heavily featured girl singers, do you mean to tell me that there wasn't just one more girl who was better than her? Anyone who thinks her high-pitched shriek at the end of her song is actually singing...wow...how wrong you would be. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SCREAMING IS NOT SINGING! Being over-the-top is just a cover-up for the fact that she can't sing!

After watching the whole episode: does anyone else see what a joke she is compared to every other girl in the top 10, who can actually sing? She looks like she's giving some sort of weird audition.

Breanna
I don't know the song, so I'm not really digging it. She's got a decent voice, but I'm not impressed at all. The ending was terrible, and the rest was just extremely boring.

Aubrey
This is a really good song choice for her. I think it really suits her voice.Still not outstanding, but BY FAR the best so far (which I guess isn't saying much since the first one was awful and the 2nd wasn't that great either).

Janelle
Sorry, but this girl is just too country for my liking. She has a nice voice, but I find myself saying "why is she still singing" and "why isn't this over yet".

Tenna 
I don't know this song, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it or her for that matter. Parts of it are really good. In comparison to Janelle's song, this song seemed really short. Even though she did a good enough job, I don't think she's very memorable.

Angie
Just gonna say it...she is by far my favorite girl, and my favorite singer this year, period. Going out on a limb (and I hope I'm not gonna jinx her), but I think she's gonna win. How awesome is it that she is singing a Colton Dixon song?! Love it!!!!!! I can't praise this girl enough. I seriously love everything about her: her voice (obviously), her talent, her look, her personality, her song choices....the list just goes on and on and on.

Amber
Hate the song choice. She can really sing, so that kind of made up for the terrible song. But is she memorable? I don't know about that. The judges certainly thought so...standing ovation. I don't think it was that good. She had a ton of runs (maybe a few too many). The 2nd half of the song was much more enjoyable than the 1st half. That's a hard song to stay on pitch, especially with all those runs, and she managed to do it, so kudos to her.

Kree
I don't know what it is about this girl, but she really annoys me. Like, really annoys me. And i can't put my finger on what it is. So, it really annoys me that she is a pretty decent singer. But another strike against her (for me) is that she's a country singer. Not gonna win any votes from me that way. OK, side note...Nicki says that Kree is her wife? Where on earth did that come from? Just another reason to be annoyed..

Adriana
This girl has the most annoying speaking voice. Oh my, and another terrible song choice. Boring! Absolutely the wrong song choice. She's wrong if she thinks that's going to make people want to vote for her. She'd be better off singing "Unforgettable". Her actual singing wasn't that horrible, but I really didn't love her final note.

Candice
And yet again, another horrible song. So hard to like a performance when you hate the song. She's got a good voice, but that is just not my style at all. Vocally, she was probably one of the better singers, and the judges absolutely loved her.

My Picks to move on, in order:

1. Angie
2. Amber
3. Aubrey
4. Kree
5. Candice

No comments: