Monday, April 20, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.17 & 8.18

Top 10

Kimberly - Team Christina
"Something's Got A Hold Of Me" by Etta James
This lady really knows how to rock it. I always end up enjoying her performances more than I think I will. But the biggest news of the night is...she's not wearing a tutu for the first time in this entire competition. I won't say that her onesie outfit was better though.
My Score: A-

Joshua - Team Adam
"Hold Back The River" by James Bay
His song choices the past couple weeks are really killing me.  He's got such a nice voice, but I can't stand some of these songs. I did not care for this at all! I don't think this song did anything for his voice, and in fact, he sounded off.
My Score: C

Hannah - Team Blake
"Shout" by Tears for Fears
Very, very interesting song choice. This was not as good as some of her performances have been. It was too low for one thing. Another problem was the way her voice sounded like it was really grating on some of the transitions from higher to lower. I don't think her voice sounded good on this. For anyone else this would have been a great song and could have been a great performance. Most of this was just really painful. She forced it and tried to scream so much of the song that it almost sounded like she was going horse.
My Score: C-

Meghan - Team Blake
"Home" by Marc Broussard
This was a pretty good performance. Her vocals were really good as usual. However, for some reason, I'm just never blown away or excited by her performances like everyone else seems to be.
My Score: B+

Koryn - Team Pharrell
"Make It Rain" by Ed Sheeran
This might have been her best song choice. Her voice sounded incredible, even if she still sings too low for my liking. I actually got goosebumps on this one.
My Score: A-

Deanna Johnson - Team Adam
"Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane
OK, I've had just about enough of this song. First Joey does it on American Idol, and now Deanna. This is an interesting song choice for her - we haven't really heard her sing anything like this. I think it is much better than last week. I think she did an OK job, but I wasn't blown away. Her last note was really, really off.
My Score: B

Rob - Team Christina
"A Song For You" by Donny Hathaway
What is with all of these songs that I don't know? I think the coaches need to go back to picking songs, because some of these song choices are really pathetic. I was so bored by this and I couldn't wait for it to be over.
My Score: C+

Corey - Team Blake
"Unwound" by George Strait
This is so much better than some of the songs he has done in the last couple weeks. I like seeing him do more fun songs. Blake was right to have him drop the guitar for this song. He really let loose and let his personality shine.
My Score: A

Sawyer - Team Pharrell
"Iris" by The GooGoo Dolls
Let's just talk about all of the really amazing things that the amazing Ryan Tedder had to say about Sawyer. That right there tells you that this kid really has something special. This was a lot better than last week's. I think this song is totally in his wheelhouse, and I thnk he did a good job.
My Score: A-

India - Team Christina
"Run To You" by Whitney Houston
I like that she stayed more subdued with this song. She kept her vibrato in check, and this was really beautiful. Girl's got some pipes!
My Score: A

The Results

Bottom 3: Rob, Deanna, Joshua
Instant Save: Joshua
Going Home: Rob (Team Christina) and Deanna (Team Adam)



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: