Monday, April 6, 2015

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 20.4

Week 4: Most Memorable Year (aka "Make Sure You Have Your Kleenex Handy")

Nastia & Derek - Argentine Tango
2008: Bei Jing Olympics; she is dedicating the dance to her parents and is dancing to the song she performed to; "Dark Eyes"

She has gorgeous lines, which is no surprise with her being a gymnast. The lifts were so incredible...like nothing you've ever seen in an Argentine Tango! My word, Derek Hough! How does he continue to top himself after so many years? It had the drama, it had those famous leg hooks, it had everything.
Score: 36 (10 from Bruno!!! 1st 10 of the season!)

Michael & Peta - Rumba
2014: The year he came out as gay, and in doing so he lost his relationship with his dad, who said he was ashamed of him (whom he had recently reconnected with); "I'm Not My Father's Son"

He had some nice lines, but he seemed to do a lot of walking from move to move and not really dancing. I don't know...I just wasn't really feeling this dance. He was so emotional afterward, but I don't know if I saw as much emotion in the dance that I thought I would.
Score: 30

Riker & Allison - Tango
2014-The year his band started to take off (his band is comprised of his siblings); "Shut Up and Dance"

I love this song, it's one of my favorites right now! That is some look with all that red in their costumes. I love that Allison is keeping his hair under control. This dance was fast moving, but still had a lot of intensity. This song is quite a bit more upbeat than most songs used for the Tango, so it was pretty refreshing (I love that Bruno referenced this fact as well, and he was impressed tha the was able to turn it into a proper Tango). I loved it again as usual. He is just awesome.
Score: 34

Robert & Kym - Waltz
2006-The year his mom died of ovarian cancer; "The Last Waltz"

Oh man, such an emotional video package of how much his mother meant to him, and how they used to watch the show together. The only thing to ruin this performance was the awful song (sorry to his mom...this was her favorite song). Nothing overly impressive with this dance, but it was sweet and nice, and he did a good job.
Score: 34

Chris & Witney - Rumba

2014-Of course, the year he was on The Bachelor and found his fiancee Whitney

He continues to exceed my expectations. I keep expecting him to have a really off week, but he keeps doing well. He showed a connection with Witney, and he was clearly picturing her as Whitney. There was a bit of something missing...not sure exactly what it was. It could be what the judges all mentioned, which was needing to stretch and be more extended.
Score: 27

Patti & Artem - Jazz
1973-The year her son was born

I love that she said if she knew she would be dancing to this song in 2015, she would have recorded it slower. She said she was going to add more dance steps this week. I saw maybe 2 or 3 more, but there was still A LOT of standing and moving in place. You've got to hand it to her--she is really good at making it look like she's doing a lot...without actually doing much. And the crowd just goes wild for it every time. Stop it! Stop being fooled people! I'm going to be really upset when people like Riker or Chris go home before her. On another note, last week my Mom and I agreed that Patti looked like she had dropped 50 pounds in one week. She looked amazing. This week, she looks back the same she did in Week 1.
Score: 30

Rumer & Val - Waltz
2014-The year she stopped listening to her bullies and made positive changes in her life, following her sister being in rehab; "Turning Tables"

I love this song, and her laying on the turning table at the beginning was a nice touch. I love that this song was not your normal Waltz music. That allowed Val to do some really great choreography. It was a Waltz, but it wasn't an old "fuddy duddy" Waltz. It looked more like a contemporary piece (which Len called them out for...do I know my dances or what?), and it was beautiful. She grows on me more and more every week. I was not a fan of hers coming into this season, because I didn't really know anything about her. The more she shows of herself, and the way she dances has really turned me into a fan.
Score: 35

Suzanne & Tony - Fox Trot
1977-The year she got her big break with Three's Company and she is dedicating it to John Ritter; the Three's Company theme song

They recreated the set from Three's Company and it was so nice to see that again! I was a little underwhelmed with the dancing, if I'm being honest. It was a nice tribute.
Score: 28

Willow & Mark - Contemporary
2011-The year she got her big break on The Hunger Games; "Atlas" by Coldplay from the movie

Of course they dance to a Hunger Games themed dance. It was so cool! I loved Mark's choreography! They had a lot of other dancers with them and they were fighting with sticks. There was smoke and fire and holograms! It had everything. And oh no...Mark died in the end! Willow was the winner as the only one left standing. Wow!
Score: 39 (3 10s!!! Whoa!)

Noah & Sharna - Contemporary
2005-The year his humvee hit a trip wire that set off a roadside bomb, and because of that, he lost his left arm and his left leg.

With no shirt this week, and the overly visible black prosthetic, it really pointed out just what he's missing, and made what he was able to do that much more impressive. The strength he has physically and emotionally is just amazing. I still can't believe that he can lift Sharna up onto his one good shoulder like that. Another moving and touching performance.
Score: 32

Week 4 Results
In Jeopardy: Riker & Allison, Michael & Peta, Willow & Mark
Going Home: Michael & Peta

OMG! I nearly had a heart attack! I don't ever want to be that close to losing Willow or Riker again! Whew!!! If it wasn't going to be Patti, Suzanne, or Robert, I'm OK with Michael going. I HAVE to remember to vote this week!!!

The Judges' Leaderboard - Week 4
Willow & Mark - 39
Nastia & Derek - 36
Rumer & Val - 35
Riker & Allison - 34
Robert & Kym - 34
Noah & Sharna - 32
Patti & Artem - 30
Suzanne & Tony - 28
Chris & Whitney - 27


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: