Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.14

Live Playoff Results

So, primetime TV was jam-packed tonight at 8:00 -- Survivor, American Idol, and The Voice. Unfortunately, I can only watch/record 2 things at a time, and The Voice results came out on the short end of the stick. So, based on following the live tweets from @NBCTheVoice, here are the results. Sorry if any are incorrect...I did my best to decipher the results amongst all the #hashtags and @ names. So, without further ado, the Top 12:

Team Adam

Voted Through: Joshua and Deanna

Saved by Adam: Brian

Going Home: Nathan and Tonya

My reaction: Love all 3, and these are absolutely the 3 who should have moved on. Definitely the 3 strongest on Team Adam.

Team Blake

Voted Through: Corey and Meghan

Saved by Blake: Hannah

Going Home: Brooke and Sarah

My reaction: Corey was a no-brainer. I'm a little surprised Meghan made it in with votes. I expected Blake to save her if she didn't make it through by votes. I am surprised he saved Hannah over Sarah, but yet, I guess I'm not surprised because he has not hidden the fact that he loves what Hannah does. I am sad to see Brooke go, and I would absolutely switch her with Meghan.

Team Christina

Voted Through: Kimberly and India

Saved by Christina: Rob

Going Home: Lexi and Sonic

My reaction: No, no, no! India doesn't surprise me, and she deserves to be there. Lexi? Why not Lexi?! She was amazing last night! I am absolutely shocked that Sonic didn't get voted in, first of all, and that Christina didn't save her. She seemed like a shoo-in. Her performances are always so big and dynamic. She might be the biggest surprise not to make it to the Top 12. And Rob? I'm not entirely surprised that he made it, but I am surprised he made it over Lexi and Sonic.

Team Pharrell

Voted Through: Sawyer and Mia Z

Saved by Pharrell: Koryn

Going Home: Lowell and Caitlin

My reaction: Pharrell's team was loaded, so we knew we were going to have to lose some good ones here. Sawyer was a no-brainer. Mia Z has been a firecracker, so I'm not shocked that she made it through by votes. I'm on the fence with Koryn. I like Caitlin so much more, and I really wish she would have made it through! I think she had one of the best voices in the competition. So, I would have swapped Caitlin and Koryn. Lowell blew me away last night, but I think voters didn't connect with his crooner style, so I think they might have been worried that he would revert back to that. OK, they might not have been thinking that, but that's what I was thinking. I was thinking that if he would sing like this all the time, I would love him, but the problem is, that's not his normal style, so it is likely he was going to go back to singing Frank Sinatra.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: