Thursday, July 3, 2014

So You Think You Can Dance, Ep. 11.6

Everyone gets to dance in their own dance styles for this first week of competition. That means, everyone should do very well.

Brooklyn & Serge -- ChaCha
It's so nice to see Dmitry again! The choreography is hot, like usual, from Dmitry. That last lift/flip was crazy! Very fun routine.

Emily & Casey -- Contemporary
Yay for Travis Wall! You know when he's the choreographer, you're going to get an epic routine, with killer music to go with it. And...yep...John Legend's "All of Me". I loved the yellow/orange lighting. They were beautiful together, and it was very romantic. I could have done without all the audience screams throughout the whole routine. Was it just me or did the audience seem louder than normal? It kind of drowned out the music at times...kind of ruined the moment. But, it was danced beautifully, and I loved the ending.

Valerie & Zack -- Tap
I've never really been a fan of tap. I did like the staircase--that added a little bit more to make it interesting. But I still find tap just kind of distracting.  The great song choice also helped (Ed Sheeran's "Sing").

Bridget & Stanley -- Contemporary
Love this routine! It flowed so beautifully. They were so in sync on the parts that they were separated.

Jacque & Jourdan -- Ballet
They went for a very traditional ballet. Not my cup o' tea at all. As far as ballerina's go, they were really good.

Malene & Marcquet -- Samba
Hello Louis van Amstel! This was a really fast Samba! Marcquet's legs are crazy fast! Their Samba rolls were really good. Great routine, a lot of fun to watch.

Carly & Rudy -- Contemporary
This contemporary was more powerful than the other 2 tonight. I liked it just as much as the other 2. It was very good.

Emilio & Teddy -- Hip-Hop
Love Christopher Scott! Interesting choice of prop: the mop. I liked the use of the mop. I was kind of confused by the music choice with that prop though...until they said "night shift"...then I got it. It was a little bit of an odd combination. And kind of weird for 2 guys dancing it together. I think the choreography could have been a little more difficult, but it was clever.

Jessica & Ricky -- Contemporary
Sonya! Love her choreography! I'm glad she's back again this season. The slow movements they did and hand to hold were crazy! I think this might have been the hardest routine of the night just for that alone. This was just amazing! Wow!

Tanisha & Nick -- ChaCha
Can't go wrong with Enrique Iglesias. The choreography to this fun, upbeat song was great. The flip and her splits were absolutely ridiculous! She grabbed her leg, pulled it up to her head and then did a death spiral to the floor! Nuts! So much fun!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: