Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rising Star, Ep. 1.4

The audition rounds are done, and now the finalists are going head to head in the Duel round.

They flip a coin to see who goes first. The public is voting live, and the singer with the most votes wins. The west coast can still vote someone through just like in the auditions.

Alice vs. Lisa

Alice
She did a nice job. I wasn't so sure about her song choice, but she made it work. Some parts sounded a little awkward, but overall, it was a pretty decent performance. But the longer it went, the more strained her voice sounded. She was really forcing it a little too much.
-She got yeses from all 3 judges
-Score was 69%

Lisa
She started out really strong. Right away, I knew she was so much better than Alice. Her performance was really awesome! I really enjoyed it! She really rocked it on the end of the song. Unlike Alice, she didn't sound strained, it sounded so good. I do not know what the public was thinking! If she just would have gotten one more judge to vote yes, she would have gotten it! And what makes me even madder is, I wasn't paying attention and I didn't get checked in in time to vote! Grrr!
-She only got a yes from Kesha
-Score was 66%

Winner: Alice

Megan vs. Sarah

Megan
Megan was saved by the west coast. This time she's ditching the harp for the guitar. I like how she changed up this song! I almost didn't recognize what it was! Her voice sounded amazing tonight! I enjoyed this so much more than the harp performance! This might be my favorite rendition of this song ever. I didn't really care for the high-pitched shriek in the middle, but overall, it was a really good performance.
-She got yeses from all 3 judges
-Score was 71%

Sarah
This song has been done so many times. I wish she would have done something else. She sounded pretty much like the original. So, unlike Megan...she wasn't very original herself. She sang it beautifully, but I love people who can change up a song.
-She only got a yes from Brad
-Score was 69%

Winner: Megan

Will vs. Jesse

Will
"Wrecking Ball"...very interesting, but I think I'm gonna love it. I love somebody who takes a chance with a very ironic song choice and totally makes it awesome. I wouldn't say he changed the song a lot, but he sang it really well and he really rocked it out. I liked it! Knowing he's going against Jesse, this is going to be a tough one because I really like them both.
-Kesha and Brad said yes, but Ludacris voted no
-Score was 57%

Jesse
I'm really liking Jesse's chances with only having to beat 57%. He was one of my favorites in the early round. I think his voice is absolutely amazing. That bar started rising so fast, it was ridiculous! Will is good, but this really was no competition at all! I think we are looking at the winner right here! No one can compete with that!
-He got yeses from all three judges
-Score was 90%! -- Highest score of the night, and the most deserved of all 6

Winner: Jesse!!!!!!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: