Sunday, July 6, 2014

Rising Star, Ep. 1.3

Audition 3 Results

Tonight is, apparently, the last night of auditions. Next week will be a round called "Duels". It sounds similar to The Voice.

Remember, if they get a percentage of yeses above 70% they make it through. The tallies below are for the East Coast. If the West Coast votes 70% yeses, they can still make it through if they don't get it on the first showing on the East Coast.


Singer, AgeMy VoteBradKeshaLudacris%
Dana Williams, 2487
Unselfish, 22-2546
Cliff Cody, 3949
Audrey Kate Geiger, 24 
84
OhMG, 20 and 2533
Gabrielle Nicole, 2090
Karen Hornsby, 3682
TX3, 2322
Skye Griffin, 2628
Morgan, 1779

My Thoughts:

Dana -- She has a really pretty vibrato. The rest of her voice is just OK. Overall, I liked her performance.

Unselfish -- Some parts of their harmony is really good, but the high part doesn't quite seem to blend with the rest of the group. I wanted to like them because of the song choice, but something was just off. I'm not sure what it was. I think they each have really good voices, and they weren't really off, but it just didn't work for me.

Cliff Cody -- Strangest job combination ever: farmer/registered nurse/singer. I didn't expect his voice to sound like that. I think his nerves got to him. The beginning was kind of shaky. I think he has potential to be good, but I didn't love this performance...and not just because it was Country.

Audrey -- I really like her voice. It's a little bit quirky, but she has great pitch and good control. She doesn't overdo the quirkiness, and backs it up with solid skills. Best of the night! And, I love this song!

OhMG -- I'm not sure if I like them or not. It started a little bit slow, but when they hit the chorus, they kicked it into another gear. I think her voice is a lot better than his.

Gabrielle -- 2nd one from Ohio tonight! Let's hope she does better than Cliff. Well, I HATED the song...like really, really hated it. Her voice is good, but I don't think I could stand to listen to her if she is going to sing songs like that. I voted yes, only because her voice is good. I'm not a fan. She really killed the end of the song with a ton of power.

Karen -- Nerves were definitely a problem for her. Her notes were all over the place. She couldn't stay in one key at all. I feel bad because she has a very sad story, but she just was not good tonight. I think she has potential, but she needs a lot of work. She got better as the song went on, but it still wasn't that good. The votes she got were absolutely pity votes. That sounds mean, but she was the worst one of the night, honestly.

TX3 -- Hot triplets! Please let them be the first group to make it through! I'm really hoping they are good! It's a little rough at the beginning. I think the song choice was wrong. I think with another song, they might have made it. I so wanted to vote them through, but it just wasn't good enough. That was so disappointing. They had so much potential, I think the song choice more than anything did them in. That song isn't really meant to be sung in harmony like that. Also, the song is upbeat, but they were kind of singing it with no energy.

Skye -- She has a good stage presence. She really performed the song. Parts of the song were really good, but some other parts weren't that great. It sounded very karaoke. I think she messed up the words a little in the middle. I wasn't really impressed. I agree with Brad, I think it was the wrong song. She might have done better with a different song.

Morgan -- Hands down, easiest to say she was the best of the night. Great song choice--Alone. She rocked it. She has a lot of power for being so young. She had great pitch and control, and she had the power to back up those high notes. I can't believe that Brad voted No, and he said he wasn't convinced...that's just crazy.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: