Monday, March 21, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 10.7

The Battle Rounds: Night 3

Team Adam

Caroline Burns vs. Mike Schiavo - "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Meghan Trainor and John Legend
This is a great matchup and a good song to do as a duet. Mike was my favorite audition this season, I think. I hope he doesn't disappoint. Caroline is so tiny, but she is really overpowering Mike in the rehearsal. Mike started out the song, and he sounded so amazing. But then Caroline sings a verse, and her voice is so pretty. I'm already hoping for a steal on this one. Neither one of these 2 deserves to go home. They worked really hard on their harmonizing and it worked because they sounded pitch-perfect together. The more she sings, the more I am just mesmerized by her. I love her vibrato. And his voice is just stellar. Can't say enough good things about that performance. Seriously...wow!
WINNER: Caroline
Noooooooooooooooo! Why no steal?!?! Come on! That guy is way too talented to not get picked by someone. I really think Adam should have kept Mike and let Blake have Caroline. You know he wanted her. She is better suited for Blake's team. I'm so bummed right now!

Team Blake

Adam Wakefield vs. Jared Harder - "Can't See You" by The Marshall Tucker Band
I really like Jared's voice. But I also like Adam's voice. They have very different voice, but they harmonized very well. This is definitely not my kind of song, but they made it very enjoyable. I have no idea what Blake is going to do. At the end, Jared showed he could hit some really high notes, which was nice. I think maybe he is a little more versatile than Adam. However, Adam has a more unique and more recognizable voice.
WINNER: Adam

Team Christina

Daniel Passino vs. Kristen Marie - "Turning Tables" by Adele
This is such a great song, and it really suits both of them so well. She really does have a lot of Adele qualities. What a beautiful performance by both of them. This is going to be a tough one. I love their voices together. I really hope one of them gets stolen. They're both really different, but both so special. They both need to be in the competition. The end of the song was absolutely gorgeous harmony!
WINNER: Daniel

Alisan Porter vs. Lacy Mandigo - "California Dreamin'" by The Mama's and the Papa's (and later by Sia)
Lacy has such a dark tone to her voice and she's got quite a bit of grit. Alisan's got a very strong voice. They're a great match-up. Wow, this was such an incrediible performance by both of them. I really don't know who Christina is going to pick.
WINNER: Alisan
STEAL: Lacy gets stolen by Blake

Team Pharrell

Emily Keener vs. Jonathan Bach - "Explosion" by Ellie Goulding
I don't think I know this Ellie Goulding song, but it's really pretty. Jonathan has an amazing range. He improved so much from the rehearsal to this performance. He was so clear and so strong. She has a pretty good voice, but I'm not drawn to her as much as I am to him.
WINNER: Emily

Abby Celso vs. Brian Nhira - "Sugar" by Maroon 5
This is an interesting arrangement of the song. I'm not sure I like it as much slowed down like this. I do like that they went back to the normal tempo starting at the chorus. They have such different voices, but they really work well together. I really don't know which one is better. I like them both!
WINNER: Abby
STEAL:  Brian gets stolen by Adam (Christina also pushed to steal)



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: