Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 10.10

The Knockouts: Night 2

Team Blake

Adam Wakefield vs. Peyton Parker
Adam - "Bring it on Home to Me" by Sam Cooke
I don't really hear anything outstanding going on here. I'm pretty bored with this performance right now. He finally did something with it and hit some high notes. Other than that, and a nice run at the end, it was pretty mediocre.
Peyton - "Traveling Soldier" by The Dixie Chicks
I absolutely love this song. I don't know that I've ever heard anyone else perform it before. I think this suits her voice so well. She's kind of blurring a lot of her words together. I wish her diction was a little more clear. I hear a few pitch issues. I was hoping she would put a little more emotion into it. When she tried to do that, her pitch suffered. This wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped it would be.
WINNER: Adam

Team Christina

Maya Smith vs. Tamar Davis
Maya - "No One" by Alicia Keys
This song has be done so many times. Ugh! She sounded a little bit nervous at the beginning. She had some pitch issues as she went to some of the higher notes. I felt like she was kind of shrieking and it was actually kind of painful in places.
Tamar - "Lay Me Down" by Sam Smith
I hate the way she started the song. It just kind of seemed like it was all over the place and if I didn't know what song she was singing, I would have no clue. I think she did way too much with her vibrato. Her high notes were pretty incredible. I would say overall, she did much better than Maya. It still wasn't my favorite of hers, though.
WINNER: Tamar

Team Pharrell

Moushumi vs. Nick Hagelin
Moushumi - "New Americana" by Halsey
I love this song. It's fairly new, so I wouldn't be surprised if not a lot of people have heard it before. I love her voice. She's got a quiet kind of mystery to her. Her tone is so crystal clear (which Christina pretty much quoted in her critique). She is killing this song! So good and so beautiful!
Nick - "Lost Without You" by Robin Thicke
I really am afraid to lose Nick. All the good guys I like are dropping like flies. I know he has a great falsetto, but I love his regular singing voice more. I really don't like this song, and mostly because it's pretty much all sung in falsetto. I don't think his pitch was great at the beginning. I couldn't understand much of what he was singing when he was in his falsetto. It just wasn't that good. He's been much better than this. I know this song is perfect for him because he does have a strong falsetto, but he just sounds so much better when he just uses his falsetto sparingly...not for the majority of the song.
WINNER: Moushumi


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: