Monday, March 28, 2016

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 22.2

Week 2: Latin Night

Jodie & Keo - Samba
She looks amazing in that bright gold! She is workin' it! And look at Keo with that gold paint! They look amazing! She was so hard on herself in rehearsals, but there was no need to be worried because she totally rocked it! Wow! So good! She really had the samba feel and it showed in every movement and how she moved her body. Good for you, Jodie!
Score: 21



Marla & Tony - Argentine Tango
So steamy right from the get-go! She has amazing legs and that will be perfect for this dance. You can really see every little hook and flick perfectly. That seemed so short! I barely got done typing a couple sentences and it was over. I think she did a great job. It could have maybe been a little quicker, it seemed a little sluggish. However, I think she got all of the steps.
Score: 20



Geraldo & Edyta - Salsa
So many wrong things with this. Salsa is going to be not so pretty to watch. Then he goes and dresses up like Donald Trump and does a parody of a "President Trump". Why? I have no idea what this has to do with a salsa. There is nothing related about this at all. He does a horrible Trump impression. Especially in a Hawaiian shirt. Edyta obviously learned from last week and she had him stay in 1 spot for the ENTIRE dance. Oh wait...he moved from behind the desk, to out front, and then behind it again. Other than that, there was some robotic hip movements and some swaying, but that was IT! And he practiced that all week? There was nothing to this dance at all. I can't believe Carrie Ann thinks that there was improvement.
Score: 13



Paige & Mark [Alan Bersten] - Salsa

Oh no...Mark got hurt in the camera blocking! He had an existing injury and he felt a disc in his back slip. So, Derek isn't on this season, so did he think he had to take his place getting an injury? I hope he's going to be OK. Alan, from the troupe, stepped in to take his place. He didn't miss a beat. Paige looked phenomenal again! She really is one to watch to make it to the end. That lift over his head and then her coming down his back was so cool! Lots of lifts and it was all so fast! That was incredible! They looked hot! The choreography was great. I wonder if some of those lifts were added because I kind of have a hard time seeing Mark being able to do those the way Alan did. Kudos to Alan (and Paige) for only having 2 hours practice together! You would never know because it looked flawless.
Score: 24



Antonio & Sharna - Rumba
They have such a great chemistry together. I love his smile. Uh oh, I saw Sharna's foot come off the floor. Other than that, it was really good. It was maybe a little on the simple side choreography-wise. I think he could have handled something a little more difficult. He has some great lines and he has a nice and easy flow about him, which you might not expect from a football player. Oh, and Carrie Ann totally caught the lift.
Score: 19



Kim & Sasha - Salsa
How sweet of Sasha to surprise Kim with a video chat with Gloria Estefan! I just love Sasha. Kim's personality is perfect for this song and this dance. I am really surprised at just how good she is. She definitely brings the character, but she also has really great footwork and she nailed every move. That was great!
Score: 19



Nyle & Peta - Rumba
The sexiest dance for the sexiest guy this season. Yowza! His lines are just so gorgeous. He had some great extension. I love his connection with Peta - they're just adorable (sorry Maks). Wow, the judges are all over the place on this one. They're really being nit-picky!
Score: 20



Mischa & Artem - Cha Cha
Mischa's attitude is going to be her downfall. Viewers don't like to vote for someone who they don't feel like wants to be there and who keeps a positive attitude. This is such a fun and bubbly dance, but she just doesn't look like she's having fun at all. She kind of has a fake smile plastered on her face. She still looks a little lost and off beat. I kind of feel bad for her. I just don't think this show is the right fit for her. I will not be surprised if she is the first to go. I get that this is hard, but making excuses (even if they are valid) about the band being different than in rehearsals, is not going to win you any sympathy votes. Sorry. Nobody likes a Debbie Downer, and I'm afraid that's the spot she is putting herself in right now.
Score: 15



Von & Witney - Cha Cha
I love that Witney is tough on him! $100 for every minute he's late and for farting! LOL! I think that's a first! And she's donating it to a skin cancer charity - wow! He is definitely a hoot! I didn't know he would be so funny! That outfit is hilarious! He was definitely having fun with this one. He might have been off in just a couple places, maybe. I wouldn't say it was the hardest Cha Cha choreography. I think he could have done a little more with it.
Score: 20



Wanya & Lindsay - Salsa
He looks like he's wearing pajamas! Look at him go! For a slightly bigger guy, he can really move! He reminds me a little of a cross between Emmitt Smith and Warren Sapp. I can't believe how nimble he is and so quick on his feet! He can move his hips and he can shimmy up top, too. They even through in some lifts there. Very fun routine! He brings the fun every time! Side note, he's already lost 15 pounds!
Score: 24



Doug & Karina - Paso Doble
I'm loving this already, just by the way it's starting out. I can't believe the transformation! I don't know if it's because we can see his bulging biceps or what, but he is bringing some serious intensity this week! The power he commanded on that dancefloor was incredible tonight! The flying leap, the powerful stomps. I am in awe! After last week, I never would have guessed he had that in him based on his first dance. He made such a dramatic improvement from last week. Time will tell if this is just a fluke or if he is grasping his rhythm and musicality. If that all clicks again, he's going to be sticking around for more than just a few weeks. Good for him!
Score: 20



Ginger & Val - Samba
Val is just so cute. Before the season started, I wasn't sure how I would like this pair, just because I didn't know her at all. But now after seeing her for 2 weeks, she is just a lot of fun and she really does have a great chemistry with Val which makes the routines a lot of fun. She is a great dancer, and this was great.
Score: 21



Week 2 Results

In Jeopardy - Bottom 3: Mischa & Artem, Geraldo & Edyta, Doug & Karina
Going Home: Geraldo & Edyta

Whoa!!! I have to say I'm shocked! I really thought Geraldo's "popularity" would let him stick around for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Definitely the right elimination. I fully expect Mischa to go next week.

Week 2 Leaderboard

Paige & Mark (Alan) - 24
Wanya & Lindsay - 24
Ginger & Val - 21
Jodie & Keo - 21
Doug & Karina - 20
Marla & Tony - 20
Nyle & Peta - 20
Von & Witney - 20
Antonio & Sharna - 19
Kim & Sasha - 19
Mischa & Artem - 15
Geraldo & Edyta - 13


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: