Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 10.4

The Blind Auditions: Night 4

Joe Maye, 24
I didn't remember him from Season 9 until they showed his audition. I really liked him last season. He really dug deep right from the beginning and all the way to the end just like they told him to do last season. This was a great song choice for him. I loved pretty much everything about this. He's a great singer. And then he dueted with Christina?! What?! These early blind audition coach/contestant duets are killing!! Goosebumps! I guess there's no way he's picking Blake, right?!
Chair Turns: 2 (Christina and Blake)

Team Adam

Owen Danoff, 25
So, his dad was in a band in the 70s, and had a hit that probably everyone knows - "Afternoon Delight". He's got a really interesting voice. His musical influences are really evident in the way he sings. It was a little on the boring side, but I think he's got a pretty good voice. I really liked the end of the song.
Chair Turns: 4

Lily Green, 16

Matt Tedder, 20
He looks really familiar. I wonder if he's any relation to Ryan Tedder. Really interesting voice and style. I'm not sold on the song, but I think he has potential. He's also a really talented guitar player!
Chair Turns: 1

Team Blake

Justin Whisnant, 28
Classic male country singer voice and style. He's got a really nice voice. He really knows how to work the stage. I actually like him more than I thought I would. He's already better than last season's Barrett Baber.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Blake)

Brittney Lawrence, 21
Beautiful voice! Very nice performance.
Chair Turns: 2 (Christina and Blake)

Teresa Gidry, 21


Team Christina

Tamar Davis, 35
Her experience in the very first incarnation of Destiny's Child is very evident. She's so comfortable on stage. She's very strong and has a lot of soul.
Chair Turns: 2 (Blake and Christina)

Daniel Passino, 21
I love this song. He can really sing! That was really good.
Chair Turns: 2 (Christina and Blake)

Chelsea Gann, 27


Team Pharrell

Jessica Crosbie, 21
Interesting song choice, and an interesting arrangement. I've never heard the song done that way. There's something very easy about her voice. I really like her tone. I think there's a lot of potential inside of her. It kind of felt like she was really holding back from showing us what she can really do.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Pharrell, and Christina)

Maya Smith, 31
There were some really great things with her voice, but I also heard quite a bit of nerves and shakiness at times. Granted, they mostly came after the chairs turned and she got a little too giddy.
Chair Turns: 2 (Pharrell and Christina)


Honorable Mention...
Nolan Neal, 35
Whoa...I did NOT expect that voice! Or that song choice! Who sings Incubus's "Drive"? How refreshing! Very cool! I literally CANNOT believe that no one turned around! And the fact that they all said they wished they would have pushed doesn't help after the fact. I disagree with them that that wasn't the right song! I thought it was a great song choice and he killed it! They told him to come back, so I really, really hope he does! They really screwed the pooch on that one! I usually don't care one way or another about people who don't get picked, and i'm not usually surprised by the ones who get chair turns and which ones don't. But this one really baffles me.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: