Monday, March 21, 2016

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 22.1

Woohoo! Season 22! I'm so excited to have Dancing with the Stars back on again! Looking forward to a great season as always.

Kim Fields & Sasha Farber - Cha Cha 
"Sax" by Fleur East
So glad to see Sasha as a pro again! I wasn't sure what their chemistry would be like, but they look like they are having a blast and totally get each other. She seemed a little flat-footed, but she had some moves! I think he gave her some aggressive choreography for the first night out and I don't think she missed a step. That was fun!
Score: 20




Paige VanZant & Mark Ballas - Fox Trot
"Ain't Got Far To Go" by Jess Glynne
That girl is tough as nails! Mark has his work cut out for him with her grabbing him so tightly all the time. As tough as she is, right away on the first dance, she's already showing she can be loose and flowy. She's got a nice swagger to her moves and she has great lines. She definitely was floating out there. Very impressive! Mark's got a great contender in Paige. And look at the abs on that girl!
Score: 21



Doug Flutie & Karina Smirnoff - Fox Trot
"Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
You just want to root for him...but he's got a lot of work to do. There were parts that weren't too bad, but he looked a little lost in some places. It was definitely a little awkward and uncomfortable to watch, but he didn't give up. He definitely gave it a good go, but he needs to find some rhythm.
Score: 15



Jodie Sweetin & Keo Motsepe - Tango
"Confident" by Demi Lovato
So excited for Jodie! She had some great moves on Fuller House when she and DJ danced in the club with Maks and Val, so I'm sure she's going to go far. I'm so happy for Keo to finally get a contender. I love the purple! Her intensity is great. She is hitting all the marks at the right beat. This dance looks like she could be performing it at the finale. She looks great! I think he might have gone easy on her with the choreography - I think she can handle much harder stuff! She's going to be fun to watch.
Score: 20 - should have been higher!



Geraldo Rivera & Edyta Sliwinska - Cha Cha 
"Treasure" by Bruno Mars
Wow, pulling out the Paula Deen slowness here. Other than Paula, I don't know that I've seen a slower, more walked Cha Cha. That was just absolutely painful to watch! Yikes!
Score: 13


Marla Maples & Tony Dovolani - Quickstep
"Sparkling Diamonds" from Moulin Rouge soundtrack
Her dress is gorgeous! The Quickstep is one of the hardest ballroom dances, and it's almost not fair to make anyone do it on week 1. She did a really good job with it and it looked like a proper quickstep. She even threw in a cartwheel. Very impressive. I wasn't sure what to expect with her, but she did a good job.
Score: 21



Wanya Morris & Lindsay Arnold - Cha Cha
"Motownphilly" by Boyz II Men
Love me some "Motownphilly"! Probably one of my favorite Boyz II Men songs. That was a fast and lively Cha Cha! I knew he would have some good rhythm, but I didn't know how loose his hips would be or how fast he would be able to move. I love this pairing! The choreography was awesome! What a fun routine! So far, my favorite of the night!!! Loved it! I could watch that again!
Score: 23



Ginger Zee & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Jive
"Move" from the musical Dreamgirls
It's very hard to believe that she just had a baby 3 months ago. She has a ton of personality and it really showed in the dance. She looks great and she's in great shape for just having had a baby. She was pretty sharp and quick. That was impressive. I would not go so far as to compare her to Bindi though...that's quite a stretch.
Score: 23



Mischa Barton & Artem Chigvintsev - Tango
"In the Night" by The Weeknd
Love seeing Mischa again! The O.C. was one of my favorite shows! I really have no idea what to expect from her. I could see her either being really good or really struggling to find rhythm and being really stiff. I love this song! She definitely nails the face for this dance...but spoiler...that's kind of her thing, so she might struggle with the fun Latin dances. This dance was pretty good and she made it through. You could tell it felt awkward for her, but I really think she does have potential.
Score: 16



Nyle DiMarco & Peta Murgatroyd - Cha Cha
"Cake by the Ocean" by DNCE
Here's the one I've been dying to see! I'm glad the rest of the world is getting to know Nyle! Peta is going to be an amazing teacher for him. Loving to see the shirtless Nyle in rehearsals! More of that please. And they're dancing to one of my most favorite songs. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty much overheating right now! That was so hot! SOOOOOO HOTTTT!!!! I could watch that all day long. And he can't hear the music! How was he so on beat and not be able to hear a thing!
Score: 23



Antonio Brown & Sharna Burgess -  Quickstep 
"Bad Man" by Pitbull
His quick steps on the field should help him with this dance. He looks great on this dance. He was having a blast and it was so much fun to watch! Dude's definitely got some skills and he is going to be so much fun to watch thsi season! He is a little bit loosy goosy and a little out of control, but it's better to have too much than not enough and Sharla can easily sharpen that and tame him a little I think. his personality is infectious. As with so many footballers before him...he's carrying on that tradition.
Score: 21



Von Miller & Witney Carson - Fox Trot 
"My House" by Flo Rida
So, I would have never imagined this song being done as a foxtrot! There is a lot of traditional foxtrot, but I think Witney really pushed the boundaries in a few places with a lot of hip-hop breaks. It was so much fun to watch though! Foxtrots can be really boring, but this was so exciting. He looked like he was having so much fun!
Score: 21


Week 1 Leaderboard

Ginger & Val - 23
Nyle & Peta - 23
Wanya & Lindsay - 23
Antonio & Sharna - 21
Marla & Tony - 21
Paige & Mark - 21
Von & Witney - 21
Jodie & Keo - 20
Kim & Sasha - 20
Mischa & Artem - 16
Doug & Karina - 15
Geraldo & Edyta - 13


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: