Monday, March 14, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 10.5

For the first time ever, we're finishing up the last of the Blind Auditions and moving right into the first of the Battle Round. I don't know about anyone else, but these Blind Auditions seemed to be the shortest we've ever had.


Blind Auditions: Night 5

Team Adam

Katie Basden, 23
Adam and Pharrell wasted no time turning around. I'm not sure what they heard so early on. She has a nice voice, but I'm not blown away. Maybe it's just because I don't know the song. I was really hoping that she wouldn't pick Adam :(
Chair Turns: 3 (Blake's team was full)

Team Blake

Jared Harder, 22
Decent voice, but really nothing outstanding, I don't think. I wouldn't have been surprised if no one turned around. He had a nice moment at the end of the song, but I wasn't wowed.
Chair Turns: 1

Team Christina

Ayanna Jannee, 20
The hair is way too much - yikes! She's got a good voice, but I do not really care for female singers with such a deep voice. I did like that she could sing up in a much higher register. I liked the higher parts, but the lower parts, not so much.
Chair Turns: 1 (all other coaches' teams were full)

Team Pharrell

Moushumi, 22
She has a very breathy voice. When she got to the chorus her voice really filled out. I love her version of this song! Beautiful.
Chair Turns: 3 (Blake's team was full)

Jonathan Hutcherson, 16
He has an absolutely beautiful voice. His voice is pretty mature-sounding for only being 16. He had a few wavering notes which seemed to be because of nerves. I hate that Adam picked Katie, because this would have been a good one for him. He wished he could turn around.
Chair Turns: 1 (Blake and Adam's teams were full)


Battle Round
All of the teams are now full of 12 singers each, The final 48 will now battle each other.

Team Adam
Advisor: Tori Kelly

Katie Basden vs. Ryan Quinn - "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney
Right away, I know I am 100% #TeamRyan. I just love his voice. This was the perfect song for him and his upper register. Katie sounded great as well, but I'm in love with Ryan and his voice. He sings like this song was made for him. His pitch is absolutely perfect, it's so ridiculous! He did so many awesome things with his voice. Katie sounded great, but I was not really "amazed" by her. The end of the song was phenomenal! Wow!
WINNER: Ryan
STEAL: Katie is stolen by Blake (Christina also pushed to steal)

Team Blake
Advisor: Gwen Stefani (shocker!)

Brittney Lawrence vs. Paxton Ingram - "I Know What You Did Last Summer" by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
I think this is a really good song for both of them. I really like the way his voice sounds on this. I loved his audition, and I'm still loving him, so I hope he wins. They really sound great. They both have so much energy. Those long held out notes, and quick runs are incredible! Brittney is so strong. I have a feeling Blake might pick her. This is so tough because that was a true battle. Wow!
WINNER: Paxton

Team Christina
Advisor: Patti LaBelle

Bryan Bautista vs. Malik Heard - "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown
This song needs to go on a list of songs to never, ever be done on another singing competition. It's ridiculous the number of times this song has been done. Holy crap are these 2 guys GOOD!!!! And so evenly matched! I thought Malik was going to win, but now, I have absolutely no idea! The runs, the pitch - so good! The harmony is ridiculous! They are actually making me kind of like this song. Amazing!!! There best be a steal on this one! It's hilarious that the coaches are begging for them to pick them without even knowing who Christina picks.
WINNER: Bryan
STEAL: Malik is stolen by Pharrell (all 3 other coaches pushed to steal)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: