Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 9.3

The Battle Rounds: Part 3

Team Adam

Amanda Ayala, 17
I don't really care for her tone...it seemed kind of one-note to me. She rocked it out at the end, but I wouldn't have been sad if no one turned around.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Blake, Pharrell)

Manny Cabo, 45
Great, great song choice! Adam turned around right away, and with good reason! This guy's voice is awesome!!! That tone on a rock song was so good! He has so much power and control and yet he didn't scream. And then he gave me goosebumps with that ending! The notes he chose were unexpected, and he hit some high notes there. Wow...blown away! Absolutely loved this performance! I'm so glad he ended up on Adam's team. Adam wanted him so badly!
Chair Turns: 4

Cassandra Robertson
Strong, deep soulful voice.

Team Blake

Morgan Frazier, 22
Well, what do you know...yet another country singer. I like her interesting take on "I Want You To Want Me". I've never heard a version like that before. I actually really liked it. She sang it so beautifully.
Chair Turns: 2 (Gwen and Blake)

Chris Crump, 31
He's so cute! Plus, he plays guitar, so bonus! Interesting voice! He has a very unique and different sound. He seems really original. I loved this performance! Loved, loved, loved it! I love the song, and I love the way he sang it. A definite favorite right here!
Chair Turns: 4

Tyler Dickerson, 21
That hair is out of this world! Another really surprising, yet very awesome performance! He also took it old-school, and he killed it! He had alittle bit of country twang in his voice. The chorus was awesome, and those long held out high notes were so strong! Great performance style and very engaging. He reminds me a little bit of Caleb Johnson, who won American Idol a couple seasons ago. I literally cannot believe that Blake was the only person to turn around for him! Adam - what is wrong with you?!
Chair Turns: 1

Team Gwen

Jeffery Austin, 24
Whoa, I did not expect him to sound exactly like Sam Smith! That was very surprising! He has a really great voice, and such a nice and clear tone. He totally blew me away with the chorus. He has a really strong range...very impressive.
Chair Turns: 1 (Gwen)

Lyndsey Elm, 22
What an interesting version of this song. The judges quickly saw her talent and quickly turned around. I think she has a nice voice, and the arrangement was interesting, but I can't say I was totally blown away.
Chair Turns: 4

Team Pharrell

Madi Davis, 16
Yuck! I hate that song, and I don't care for how she sang it at all. I can see why they liked her, but not my style at all.
Chair Turns: 2 (Gwen and Pharrell)

Riley Biederer
We didn't see much of her, but I really liked her voice! Maybe a little bit too much vibrato though...hopefully it was just the nerves.

Daria Jazmin
Didn't really see enough to form much of an opinion. What I did see sounded kind of over-the-top.

Jubal and Amanda
We haven't seen a duo in a long time on this show! Their voices blend very well. Very nice performance. Big night for them, as Jubal proposed to Amanda, and of course, she said yes.
Chair Turns: 2 (Gwen, Pharrell)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: