Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 9.2

Night 2 of the Battle Rounds

Team Adam

Regina Love, 51
She's your classic big-voiced diva. She doesn't bring anything new to the table that we haven't seen hundreds of time. Sure, she can sing, but beyond the loudness of her voice, I didn't hear anything outstanding. It was just mediocre for me. And of course, she picks Adam.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam, Blake)

James Dupré, 30
Another country singer, seriously?! This is getting a bit old. But OK, he has a really good voice. His voice is not what you would expect. His upper register was especially beautiful. That was a really nice performance! ...even if it was country.
Chair Turns: 4

Team Blake

Blind Joe, 32
I didn't expect that voice. It's country, but he's good. His nerves might have gotten to him a little bit, as it was shaky in some spots. I'm not sure why he sat with the guitar, because I don't think he played it at all.
Chair Turns: 4 (Pharrell and Gwen waited until the very last second)

Zach Seabaugh, 16
OK, so this guy does not look 16! His deep speaking voice doesn't sound 16 either. Good-looking kid...too bad he sings country. I do like the song he picked, though - it's one of the few country songs I like. Boy, he has a beautiful voice! This is a hard song to sing and sound good on, and he sounds extremely close to the original. I can't believe no one is turning around! Come on! Finally...whew! This guy was too good to not turn around!
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Blake, Pharrell)

Emily Ann Roberts, 16
What is with all the country singers already this season?! And of course she does a song we hear ALL the time "I Hope You Dance". She has a beautiful voice, and she had a nice high falsetto at the end. She's so cute!
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam, Blake)

Team Gwen

Ellie Lawrence, 26
I do not care for her pukey green/blue hair at all. I will say that I am surprised by her voice. I actually liked her voice a lot. She sounds like someone I should know, but I can't quite put my finger on it.  I think it's a combination of Lorde and Tove Lo. She is really interesting and I think she could be fun to watch.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Gwen, Pharrell)

Noah Jackson
I really wish we would have gotten to hear his whole audition, because it sounds like he did a really cool version of Sia's "Elastic Heart".

Tim Atlas
I would have loved to see his audition, too.

Hannah Ashbrook

Team Pharrell

Ivonne Acero, 17
She tried out last season and didn't get any chairs to turn. I remember thinking she would get a chair last time. This season she only had to sing a few words of a Taylor Swift song and Gwen and Pharrell turned around. This was a very interesting version of "Style". It was a little too overdramatic, but she has a great voice.
Chair Turns: 2 (Gwen, Pharrell)

Evan McKeel, 20
I don't know what to think about him. I didn't know the song he sang, and I just kept expecting it to go somewhere. I don't really think it was super good, so I'm really surprised that he got all 4 to turn around. I don't know, I didn't hear what they heard apparently.
Chair Turns: 4


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: