Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.3

This week, we have 2 nights of dancing! Last night we (thankfully) said goodbye to Chaka Khan. Someone else will be leaving tonight. Who will it be? Gary Busey was in jeopardy last night, but somehow, I don't think he will be going anywhere. People love his soundbites, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of his craziness. I'm guessing they only had him in jeopardy last night because his scores the week before were pretty low.

I have to say that I think it's really unfair to make them learn 2 dances this week...it's still so early and they are really just learning, so forcing them to learn 2 is just really ridiculous.

Tonight's theme is: "Hometown Glory", just like last night, but this time it is the pros' hometowns. As much as we know of some of these pros, it's nice to get to see a little bit more about their personal lives and where they come from. Yes, it's about the celebs, but the pros deserve some love and attention sometimes, too!

Hayes & Emma - Quickstep
Tamworth, England

I love this song! It's so peppy and perfect for the Quickstep. I'm so glad they played the original track and didn't have the band butcher it. Hayes is proving that he can do everything really well. He didn't seem to struggle with this at all. That was a very quick Quickstep, and he didn't miss a beat. He looked so happy, like he was loving every minute. What a great routine!
Score: 23

Carlos & Witney - Cha Cha
American Fork, UT

Nice routine. Strangely, I forgot I was supposed to be watching Carlos and was watching Witney most of the time (maybe because this is about her hometown). What I saw was well done.
Score: 21

Gary & Anna - Paso Doble
Chelyabinsk, Russia

Oh my, Gary trying to be some kind of knight or king or something! Totally not convincing. This was...well...interesting. I saw pretty much nothing in that dance that looked like Paso Doble! Glad Carrie Ann agreed. Yes, he had some stomping, but wow, there wasn't much else.
Score: 15

Andy & Allison - Contemporary
Los Angeles, CA (originally from Utah)

Allison is right at home doing a Contemporary piece, so I think this is going to be amazing. I'm disappointed they didn't use the original track of this song...kind of ruined it for me. There were some really great lifts. I think he really held his own in this dance. The hop over her was a little flat, but other than that, it was a really good performance.
Score: 23



Alexa & Mark - Rumba
England - he dedicated it to his parents

The music didn't do anything for me. I really wanted to like this dance, but it was a little on the boring side. I think it was because the music didn't have words. It was danced beautifully, though.
Score: 22

Paula & Louis - Tango
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Look at Paula getting some moves! They're few and far between, but she is moving a little bit more. I think she might have moved about 2" in that back bend. I think the leg wrap is going to be her go-to move, because that's two dances in a row now.
Score: 18

Bindi & Derek - Waltz
Utah/England

Wow, could this have been a more beautiful dance?! Bindi is such a lady! She looked beautifu. She is so good at really protraying emotion on her face, and you can just feel her, feeling the dance. It is such a beautiful thing to watch. Can't say anything bad about that dance. If it was done in week 6, I think it would be all 10s.
Score: 23

Kim & Tony - Foxtrot
Pristina, Kosovo

Another beautiful performance tonight. Kim has definitely redeemed herself from the first night debacle.
Score: 18

Alek & Lindsay - Quickstep
Provo, UT

You would never know that he was struggling in practice this week. The dance looked really polished. He did a great job.
Score: 22

Victor & Karina - Rumba
Kharkiv, Ukraine

I don't want to laugh at this, I really don't. But it's so hard to take him seriously and and as a romantic lead. It's unfair, I know. I have to hand it to him though, he pulled off the serious and sensuality in this dance way better than I thought he would. I think this was by far his best dance. And who knew he had some abs hiding there?!
Score: 20

Nick & Sharna - Foxtrot
Wagga Wagga, Wales, Australia

Love! I love seeing Nick like this. This was just so stunning. I hope the judges saw his rise and fall. I loved seeing him really connect with Sharna in this dance. I think this is the first time we've really seen that from him. He showed sensitivity and smoothness that I knew he would totally be able to pull off. Loved everything about this!
Score: 24

Tamar & Val - Charleston
Ukraine/New York, NY

I have to admit, Tamar is growing on me. But please don't ever suggest that Val should not go shirtless! I'm glad he didn't listen and he did it anyway! This dance was insane! She is really bringing it and every dance is getting better for her. She had everything right on point in this dance. It was fast, it was fun, and she had great facial expressions. Loved this dance!!
Score: 25

Week 2 (Night 2) Standings

Tamar & Val - 25
Andy & Allison - 24
Nick & Sharna - 24
Bindi & Derek - 23
Hayes & Emma - 23
Alek & Lindsay - 22
Alexa & Mark - 22
Carlos & Witney - 21
Victor & Karina - 20
Kim & Tony - 18
Paula & Louis - 18
Gary & Anna - 15

Results

In Jeopardy: Gary & Anna and Victor & Karina
Going Home: Victor & Karina

That's really a shame for poor Victor. He had a really good dance tonight. I was really hoping it would be Paula.



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: