Monday, September 14, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.1

I'm so excited for this season! Let's get right to it!

One thing I noticed right away is that for some reason, it seems like all the dances are like 30 seconds long. They are so short! You can barely tell what they can do in that short amount of time. Overall there were quite a few really, really good performances. There were a lot of really, really bad dances...like more than the normal amount.

Victor & Karina - Salsa
Oh my Victor! He's a funny little guy! It's obvious he's not going to have the greatest rhythm and timing, so they decided to go right for the obvious horse racing themed dance. He had some wild hips going! In the video package they talked about his lack of short-term memory, but he remembered the whole dance. This was kind of a wild loosy-goosy performance, but it was entertaining. It did need a little bit more of the salsa though.
Score:15

Tamar & Val - Quickstep
I have a feeling she is really going to get on my nerves this season. Personality aside, she pulled off a very ambitious quickstep on the first week out. That is almost no fair to make her tackle one of the hardest styles on her first week. However, she did a great job and there were a lot of steps and they were done pretty accurately from what I could tell.
Score: 23

Chaka & Keo - Cha Cha
I so enjoy watching Keo dance...Chaka not so much. She looked prety lost getting started. She found her way a little bit, but she got off time and kind of looked at him lost for a few seconds. Basically just picture Patti LaBelle and Gladys Knight before her...all on about the same level. I didn't see much of a Cha Cha there.
Score: 13

Hayes & Emma - Cha Cha
I love the school theme...which is pretty obvious for the "Cheerleader" song - which, by the way was really butchered by the DWTS band. What little bit we saw, it looks like he's got a lot of potential. Did we have any doubts? You look at him and you just assume he's probably pretty good at anything he tries.
Score: 21

Andy & Allison - Foxtrot
I love everything about Andy, so I'm so excited to see him this season! I hate that the band butchered the song "Marvin Gaye". He was so classy and it looks like he's going to be really good at the ballroom dances. He seemed very confident. I wish we could see more! The dance is just so short! I like the two of them together - they make a very nice pair.
Score: 21

Paula & Louis - Quickstep
If I hear her say "move your body" one more time, I'm going to go nuts! She burped in his face! Come on Paula, seriously...get serious about this! Of course her first dance would be cooking themed. Louis really has his hands full with her...and that's not just because she grabbed his head and told him to put it on her boobs 5 seconds after meeting him. Surprisingly, she did better than I thought she would. After the dance she said she was scared and she had white underwear before but she's not sure if it's white any more. OK, TMI! I just can't handle her, I'm sorry.
Score: 15

Carlos & Witney - Jive
I hate the hair with a passion, but we've got a contender here! For the first weeek, his footwork was great. He's got a ton of charisma that's going to be fun to watch. His musicality is great and his personality really came through in the dance.
Score: 23

Alexa & Mark - Jive
Same dance as her husband Carlos. I don't think she looked as natural as he did. Her footwork was a little eratic. They seemed to be a little out of sync at times. Overall, I think she definitely has potential, but I I think her husband won this round.
Score: 22

Kim & Tony - Salsa
I will be ready for her to go any time...definitely not a favorite. This was the slowest salsa I think I've ever seen. On the positive side, I liked Tony's costume. Other than that, I didn't see a whole lot of anything in this dance. I'm hoping the scores reflect that.
Score: 12

Bindi & Derek - Jive
How cute is Bindi? She's such an amazing girl and this is going to be so much fun to watch, and being paired with Derek is just so perfect. That cute Australian accent is just so cute, I could listen to it all day. I love Derek trying to get it down. They are just so cute together. I had no doubt that she would be amazing. Her personality just fills the room and her smile is contagious. You have to smile when you see her. She kind of reminds me of Sadie Robertson. It's the same kind of youthful exuberance that is just so undeniable. The dance was just loaded with steps, just like Derek to not hold back anything week 1. She was in sync with him the whole way. She raises the bar way high with that routine. Just great! She is going to win over everyone and she is going to be here for awhile. She was already lucky to have Derek as her partner, but she is so likable and talented, so she has finale written all over her.
Score: 24 (I really thought we might see some 9s there)

Gary & Anna - Cha Cha
I just have to say that my prayers are with Anna this season. I don't know if she knows what she's gotten herself into with him. Gary is a HUGE personality and he is way out there most of the time. She will be doing good just to get through the dance with him. As we've seen on The Apprentice, it idoesn't take much to get him totally distracted. This dance was exactly what I expected from him. A lot of mouthing along with the words in the song (the wrong words), and a lot of pretty slow, stiff movements. It could have been much worse, but it could have been much better. He sure is entertaining though! He also graced us with one of his famous Buseyisms after his dance! How did I forget about his Buseyisms?! "FUN = Finally Understanding Nothing" - classic Busey; "15 = 6 which is double trinity"...he could just keep going with these all day!
Score: 15

Alek & Lindsay - Foxtrot
He is such a likable guy and he's got a great story. He was very smooth and performed the dance really well. I think they make a really nice couple. I enjoyed that!
Score: 22

Nick & Sharna - Cha Cha
And now, the one I've been dying to see! I'm a Backstreet Boys girl til I die, so I'm so excited to have Nick be a part of this season! I'll just say this once right now for any doubters: if you don't think he and the rest of the Backstreet Boys are still relevant and are not still making awesome music, you would be completely wrong! They are still very much together and they are still making great music, while all others have long since spit up and gone their separate ways. There, rant over. I am so incredibly jealous of Sharna right now! I would die! I love the silhoutte at teh beginning! Was there any doubt that he was going to be completely amazing? I didn't doubt if ro one second. The Backstreet Boys do a lot of dancing, so I knew he would bring it! This dancing is way different than what he's used to, but he killed it! He's going to be a lot like his brother Aaron who was on several seasons ago...he's going to be able to add his own little flare to the routines and make the moves his own.
Score: 24

Week 1 Leaderboard

Bindi & Derek - 24
Nick & Sharna - 24
Carlos & Witney - 23
Tamar & Val - 23
Alek & Lindsay - 22
Alexa & Mark - 22
Andy & Allison - 21
Hayes & Emma - 21
Gary & Anna - 15
Paula & Louis - 15
Victor & Karina - 15
Chaka & Keo - 13
Kim & Tony - 12


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: