Friday, August 15, 2014

So You Think You Can Dance, Ep. 11.12

Top 8--Michael Jackson Night

Ricky & Jaimie - Contemporary
Yay for a Travis Wall routine! His flexibility and extensions are almost super human. He did exactly what Travis wanted him to do. I hated the song, but the dance was really good.

Valerie & Ryan - Samba
Great song choice for this style of dance. The beats and rhythm really fit well. She had pretty good hip action and the Samba Rolls looked pretty good. They were very fluid. I liked the routine, but it did seem a little slow.

Casey & Comfort - Hip-Hop
This is a really interesting story--dangerous/deadly spider. Comfort looks so fierce! Hip-hop might not be his style, but he adapted really quickly. He was hitting so hard! His faces were over the top, just like the choreographers wanted. I think he did a great job, and it was a fun routine. I love the end with him getting stuck in the giant spider web.

Tanisha & Nick - Contemporary
Totally didn't know this was a Michael Jackson song ("She's Out of My Life")...I only know it as a 98ยบ song. The dance was beautiful, and they had a good connection.

Rudy & Allison - Contemporary?
This dance was really hot!I loved it! Allison was amazing! Rudy has never looked this hot. That last throw twist was incredible! I didn't see that one coming! Sounds like the crowd loved it too...they're going nuts!

Zack & Makenzie - Broadway
This was a fun routine. I think he played the character very well. They had good chemistry and were in sync for pretty much all of their side-by-side moves...and there were a lot.

Jacque & tWitch - Hip-Hop
With tWitch in the routine, you know it's going to be good. Right away, I'm loving it! They look so good dancing together. She kept up with him every step of the way. She was really feeling it. I haven't really had a favorite girl in the competition, but I think she's my favorite.

Jessica & Will - Contemporary
I do not remember Will...at all. Maybe he didn't have such long hair when he was on the show before? This dance had some really interesting body shapes and movements. It was a really cool dance. I enjoyed it a lot. They both have such different looks, so it was interesting watching them dance as a couple.

Bottom 4
Tanisha and Jacque
Casey and Rudy

Going Home
Tanisha and Rudy

I am SO BUMMED that Rudy is going home! He had such an amazing routine tonight! He was so devastated! I feel so bad for him! I, however, am not sad to be losing Tanisha...she always bugged me.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: