Sunday, August 24, 2014

Rising Star, Ep. 1.10 Finale

Tonight we crown the winner of the very first Rising Star!!! Who's it going to be? I know who I want it to be. Go Jesse!!!!! Get your apps ready, and make sure to vote Yes for Jesse!!

The singers were seeded according to their overall scores this season. Here are the matchups: Dana vs. Jesse and Austin vs. Audrey Kate (saved by the West Coast). Why bother...let's just have Austin and Jesse fight it out. We know it's going to come down to the 2 boys, don't we?

Dana vs. Jesse
Do we even need to have them sing? This is not even going to be close.

Dana
Basically I have to vote No because she's going against Jesse. Beyond that, I HATE the song "At Last", so that's reason #2 to vote No. Her voice just cracked slightly...reason #3. I see I'm not the only one holding out for Jesse. The song is almost done, and she's only at 20%. I think besides the small crack, she sounded OK, but the song was just too slow and boring, and no one wanted her to beat Jesse.
Score: 30%

On his worst day...30% is way beyond easy. There is NO WAY, and I mean NO WAY he's not beating that pitiful score!

Jesse
The question is...how many seconds will it take for him to blow past 30? And it's about 15 seconds. Ha! Classic Jesse! Perfect song choice and he killed it. Nothing more to say...the guy's a rockstar!
Score: 87%

Woohoo! And it's Jesse for the EASY win! He will now take on the winner of Austin vs. Audrey Kate.

Austin vs. Audrey Kate
Again, do they even need to sing? Austin is going to blow away Audrey Kate. The only thing going against him is that he is singing first and people might not be as willing to vote Yes.

Austin
Love this song! Great song choice! Not many people can sing Gavin DeGraw and do it justice. He killed this! This was such an energetic version of the song. I like that it sounded like Austin, and not just a copy of the original.
Score: 70%

Audrey Kate
Another poor song choice. That's what's going to prevent you from moving on...we see it all the time. If people can't relate to the song or if it doesn't suit you, they're not going to vote for you. I didn't know this song, and she didn't really do anything to make me want to like it. It was very cabaret. I think she sang it pretty well, but it just wasn't doing it for me.
Score: 49%

Well...who didn't see that one coming? I said it before any of them sang that it was going to come down to Jesse vs. Austin. The guys know what they're doing, they know who they are as artists, and they know what songs to sing when it counts to truly connect and show off what they can do.

The Final Round: Jesse vs. Austin
This time, there is no wall, and we won't see the % bar while they are singing! So scary! They flip a coin, and Austin wins the toss. He chooses to perform 2nd...smart choice. Very smart choice.

This is obviously the best matchup for the finale. These 2 have consistently had the highest scores all season long. Should be good!

Jesse
Eek I almost missed the check-in! Whew! Don't even need to hear him sing, he's the one I want to win, so he's got my vote. But...what is this song? He's got me a little scared, he's doing something strange with his voice that we've never heard before. Gotta say it was a little wonky. Thank goodness he got back to sounding like "Jesse". The only things that could hurt him now are: (1) He's singing first and (2) He picked a song that I don't think that many people will know (I didn't know it). I think closing the show that would be enough to win, but with Austin following him...now I'm not so sure. Yikes!

Austin
This song has been done way too many times. It is a crowd favorite, so it's got that going for it. It's a slow building song, so it might not get the votes quick enough, we'll just have to wait and see. Of course, he sang it beautifully. It's now a matter of taste...do you like the hard-core rocker or the pop/country singer/songwriter? He didn't end on a big note, and the song didn't really go anywhere, so I'm not sure that that will be enough.

I kind of feel like they both picked the wrong songs...which is totally unlike both of them! They should have ended on their first songs because they were much stronger. I think both of them could have done better. Out of this whole season, both of these performances are my least favorite. That's disappointing. Still hoping for a Jesse win though! It's going to be close. The only person to beat Jesse all season (if I'm not mistaken) was Austin, so anything can happen. If Jesse doesn't win, the only reason will be song choice, it's as simple as that.

AND THE WINNER IS....JESSE KINCH!!!!!
The scores were Jesse 76% and Austin 61%

As you can see these scores were much lower than what their other weekly scores were. Song choice people!

I'm so excited for Jesse! But, truth-be-told, I would not have minded Austin winning. He was very deserving. I just felt like Jesse just has something special, and he doesn't sound like anyone else. I'm excited to see where his career will take him.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: