Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Voice: Season 5 Mentors

The Voice Season 5 premiere is September 23rd, just a couple weeks away! We finally have all of this season's mentors confirmed. I've been waiting to post this until I had all 4, and now I do. As reported during last season, Shakira and Usher are being replaced by original coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green. Here is who each coach has selected to be their mentor for their team:

Team Adam - Ryan Tedder (lead singer of OneRepublic)
Team Cee Lo - Miguel
Team Christina - Ed Sheeran
Team Blake - Cher

I am excited for 2 of these 4. Ryan Tedder is a very talented singer/songwriter, and has had huge success with OneRepublic. He has a great personality as well. I think he will be a very good mentor and I think he will be able to give really good advice to the contestants. And I'm so excited that he's Adam's mentor, because who wouldn't want to see a Adam/Ryan or Maroon 5/OneRepublic collaboration?! The other one that I'm excited for is Ed Sheeran. He is fairly new to the scene, but he has risen to fame very quickly. It will be interesting to see his perspective.

I am so not excited for Cher and Miguel. Cher can be annoying, and I might be the only person on the planet who doesn't think she's a good singer. Remember her performance on last season's season finale? It was awful! I do think that since she's been around forever, that she should have some good advice to give. And Miguel? Really? No one knows who he is. I only know of one of his songs, which was actually a Mariah Carey song, and I am NOT a fan. Way to pick another dud Cee Lo.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: