Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance, Ep. 10.17

We're down to the final 4, and next week the winners will be revealed.

Partnering w/ Each Other

Aaron & Amy - Jazz
First of all, what the heck is Amy wearing (or not wearing)? I wouldn't really classify this as jazz...I'm not really sure what it was, but they were really good! Amy had some really unique movements and poses that were really cool.

Fik-Shun & Jasmine - Contemporary
Another great concept from Travis Wall--under water. They were so fluid and flowing with their movements, I could totally see what Travis was going for. Fik-Shun again, just proves how great he is at adapting to different styles, and different partners...who happen to be bigger and taller than him. Very nice job. I loved the ending where it really looked like they were floating away from each other.

Amy & Fik-Shun - Tango/Paso Doble
Stunning and powerful! I loved the opening lift! Very cool Tango/Paso Doble fusion. I think they did a great job, but the dance seemed really short!

Aaron & Jasmine - Samba
I love Dmitry, and his choreography! I love Jasmine's purple dress! She really got her shimmy on in this dance. Aaron pretty much just stood there while she literally danced circles around him. I'm surprised that in a finale, Mary actually agreed with me...she didn't think he had very good technique.

Aaron & Fik-Shun - Broadway
The moving conveyor belt was a cool feature to have for this dance. Fik-Shun obviously added more fun facial expressions and character than Aaron, but I think they were both pretty evenly matched technically.

Jasmine & Amy - Jazz
I'm so excited to see Mark choreographing another number! He is one of the most unique choreographers there are. Very strange concept, so you know it's going to be a great dance. It's got a lot of Lady Gaga-esque elements, which is to be expected. The outfits were really crazy. They paired up really well and really did look like Siamese twins. They couldn't have been more in sync than they were...it was crazy!

Dance With All Star--They get to choose the style

Aaron & Melinda - Tap
I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am NOT a fan of tap. Therefore, I didn't like this at all. I can appreciate it as a style, but I just do not enjoy watching it. Most times, the tapping noise just distracts from the routine rather than add to it, and this was the case in this number.

Jasmine & Comfort - Hip-Hop
Interesting for her to choose a different style than her own, but she is good at everything, so it doesn't really matter. I didn't care for the music at all--I've never liked that song, but she killed it. They made a good pair and she kept up with Comfort every step of the way.

Fik-Shun & tWitch - Hip-Hop
This is going to be awesome. They were so in sync and it was a very cool routine. I wish they would have picked a different song, though. I immediately thought it was like Fik-Shun was tWitch's Mini Me. Nigel said it was like tWitch and tWitch Jr.

Amy & Robert - Contemporary
I love the story, I love the song. Very beautiful. I love when he pulled her back from off the edge of the stage. The backbend over him was amazing...what control! And Robert's one-handed lift at the end was crazy!

Solos

Jasmine
I really hope Jasmine wins. She is just phenomenal. She dances with such heart and emotion, and her lines are unmatched.

Fik-Shun
I just love watching him. It doesn't matter what style it is, he just has so much fun with it and gives it his all. How cool was his Gangnum Style! Loved it! Best solo of the season! Good of him to pick a popular song to relate with people. Everyone had to love that! I really hope he wins!

Amy
I love her opening pose! I don't know how she held it so long! She really is a beautiful dancer.

Aaron
Again with the tap...not a fan. I hated the way it ruined the Jason Mraz song. The tap did nothing but distract from the song, which distracted from whatever performance he was trying to give. As far as tap goes, I didn't think that he even had much going on technically. I don't know why the judges just ooh and aah over tap and how good they think it is.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: