Monday, September 16, 2013

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 17.1

So many changes this season! First of all, there is only one show per week. Now, they have moved the judges' table to the other side, and Tom stands next to Carrie Ann instead of Bruno. That just looks so odd, after 16 seasons of it being the other way. Since they are under a time crunch, they don't have to go up that ridiculously long staircase, they just get their scores at the judges' table...makes so much more sense!  Also, all of the dancers sit next to/behind the judges. Best of all, no more awkward and annoying questions from Brooke! At first I was really thrown by all the changes to the show, but once I got past the initial shock it is so refreshing and it feels like a new show. I'm loving it!

Brant & Peta - ChaCha
I'm a fan already! And now they're dancing to "Blurred Lines"!!!!!! Hot, hot, hot!! He's got some moves!
Judges' Scores: 22

Leah & Tony - Foxtrot
I am going to love Leah and Tony! Such a cool chemistry! I hate her dress, but she danced very well for the first time out. She looked like she was having fun. I must say, it was a very bouncy foxtrot, usually they are more smooth. Or as Bruno said, it was a "foxy trot". LOL!
Judges' Scores: 21

Corbin & Karina - Contemporary
Whoa, from the rehearsals, they look like they could be a dangerous couple! Literally! I love this routine! The song, the outfit choices, the white sheet, everything! I like the up-tempo version of the OneRepublic song! For a contemporary piece, that was so fast! It was incredible! I can't believe the lift and the drop...I thought he might actually drop her!
Judges' Scores: 24

Jack & Cheryl - Foxtrot
He has a lot more bounce than I thought he would. I thought he might be kind of heavy-footed, but he's actually quite light on his feet. He's quick and his legs showed quite a bit of flexibility on the kick that he did. I think he could do quite well in the competition. He has a lot to live up to, as his sister came in 3rd a few years ago.
Judges' Scores: 23

Amber & Derek - ChaCha
Love the song choice! Derek's still got it (like there was ever any doubt). His choreo is just the bomb. Props to Amber for keeping up with this fast moving ChaCha. First dance of the season for her and it was a lot of moves to learn! Wow!
Judges' Scores: 27

Elizabeth & Val - Contemporary
I had a feeling she was going to be pretty good. I wasn't overly blown away, but it was a very good performance. It seemed a bit rushed, I wish they would have slowed it down a little bit.
Judges' Scores: 24

Bill Nye & Tyne - ChaCha
How did I know they would do a science dance, full of gimmicks. It was fun and entertaining, but let's not kid ourselves, his technical skills need some more time in the lab, if you know what I mean.
Judges' Scores: 14

Keyshawn & Sharna - ChaCha
It seems like the football players always get a fast Latin dance as their first dance to show off their fun moves. I'm not as impressed as I usually am with the football players, but he definitely has potential. He seemed to struggle with his timing, and he did kind of stumble a couple of times. (And just to toot my own horn, Bruno didn't waste any time commenting on his timing issues...and then so did Len!)
Judges' Scores: 17

Christina & Mark - Contemporary
She looks gorgeous and I love her purple dress! I loved Mark's choreography. They have a really good chemistry together. I'm excited to see more dances from them. I think she will be around for quite awhile...just going on record saying that right now.
Judges' Scores: 22

Bill Engvall & Emma - Foxtrot
Biggest surprise of the night! He was really good...did not expect that! His form was great, his timing was good and he looked like he was having a good time. I'm surprised at the scores though, I was thinking 7s instead of 6s.
Judges' Scores: 18

Valerie & Tristan - Foxtrot
Oh man, I just can't handle the music. She's an inspiration, as she is living beyond what doctor's told her she could and she isn't a spring chicken. But, if this is a competition, which it is...it just isn't up to the level of the rest.
Judges' Scores: 21

Nicole & Sasha - ChaCha
I'm so excited to see Sasha as a pro! Girl has some skills! That was brave to have so many moves where she was separated from Sasha. I didn't know if she would have a lot of hip action or if she would be stiff...she is definitely NOT stiff! Wow, another surprise. I thought she might have trouble picking up choreography, but she nailed the moves. I liked it! I've never liked her, but maybe now with a baby, she has matured. It was nice to see a different side of her.
Judges' Scores: 23

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: