Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.4

More Blind Auditions...

Team Adam

Ethan Butler, 25
This really is not my style at all. I recognized the song, but just barely because he really changed it a lot. He's got a pretty good voice, but I think he will be very forgettable in the competition.
Turnarounds: 2

Chris Jamison, 20
LOVE him! I love this John Mayer song. He did an amazing job. His voice is so smooth. I loved everything about his voice and the performance. And then he threw in some falsetto too. He added some really cool things to the song, and he showed just how much he can do with his voice. It was done in such a tasteful way that made sense with the song, and wasn't overdone. That was like the perfect audition. Wow.
Turnarounds: 4

Jonathan Wyndham, 22
I love this guy! Perfect song choice. He had a very sweet vulnerability, which this song requires. He's not too bad on the eyes either. I haven't heard too many people who sound like him. The more he sang, the more I liked it. Can't wait to see him do more!
Turnarounds: 4

Team Blake

Tanner Linford, 17
His voice has gotten a lot better since his audition last year. He's a lot more confident this time and his voice is definitely more mature. He almost didn't make it and Blake turned just at the very, very last second.
Turnarounds: 1

Craig Wayne Boyd, 35
I didn't know what kind of voice to expect from him. I didn't like the song, but I think he's got a pretty good voice. I would be interested to hear him do something else. He talked about being a rocker but because of his twang he was told to go country. I would go the rock route instead.
Turnarounds: 2

Team Gwen

Jean Kelley, 29
Great song choice. I like the little differences she added to the song. She has a really strong voice. I don't know if she stands out enough for originality, but maybe they can work with her on that.
Turnarounds: 2

Amanda Lee Peers, 29
I really like her style. She picked a great song, and it really suited her voice. She's a real performer and she knows how to work the stage. I really enjoyed that performance a lot. I'm anxious to hear her do some more things.
Turnarounds: 1

Team Pharrell

Katriz Trinidad, 15
One of my all-time hated songs..."At Last". That said, she has a beautiful voice for such a young girl. She has a very mature sound, and her tone is so well-rounded and full. She seemed to have so much control over her voice. Her runs and that range is crazy!
Turnarounds: 3

Toia Jones, 29
Wow, she has got some pipes! That vibrato is crazy. And she just kept getting louder!
Turnarounds: 2


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: