Monday, September 29, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 19.5

Theme: Movie Night

Randy & Karina - Paso Doble
Movie: Rocky
This is definitely right up his alley. I love the way her dress makes such pretty shapes when she twirls it like a cape. There was no doubt he was going to come out strong in this dance. But I think he could have actually brought even more to it. It was a nice job though. Julianne had a good point about his timing. That was what was wrong with it...he didn't have the timing to hit all the points really sharply.
Score: 26

Alfonso & Witney - Quickstep
Movie: Austin Powers Goldmember
This is going to be absolutely awesome! It's too bad he has to do it to the Quickstep. There's even a Mini Me! Haha! Look at those feet go! I hope they like his frame because I think he's doing a pretty good job...especially considering that we all know he loves to get jiggy with it! I loved Witney's choreography! It was so cool! She incorporated a little disco in there and it was really fun!
Score: 32

Betsy & Tony - Contemporary
Movie: Ghost
Besty looks great again tonight. I hope she sticks with looking like this because it's a great improvement from her "normal" look. She floated and looked so timeless. It was really beautiful! I never imagined I would say that about any of her dances before this season started. She really is blowing my mind! 72 YEARS OLD! Wow!
Score: 29

Lea & Artem - ChaCha

Movie: Back to the Future
I love how the story started with them in rehearsal and their future selves saying they missed the show and they have to go back in time. Nice! Artem looks so hot in his white tux! She is doing an amazing job. I never dreamt that she would be aas good as she is. She didn't miss a step. It was really good.
Score: 31

Michael & Emma - Waltz
Movie: Robin Hood
I can't believe he's safe this week. This is such a serious and romantic song, and he's wearing that cartoonish hat...it just doesn't fit. Luckily that was the really only "funny" part this week. His comedy acts were getting a little old. He actually did a pretty good job with this dance.
Score: 28

Antonio & Cheryl - Foxtrot
Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy
He looks gorgeous in that suit. Those dimples! This dance suits him pretty well. He's a little stiff on the holds, but where they are apart, he's able to let loose a little bit.
Score: 29

Sadie & Mark - Viennese Waltz
Movie: Up!
How cute is she?! And Mark in those glasses...what a goofball...but I love it! If Len were there, he would say they used too many props, with the chairs and the balloons, but I thought it was cute. And just like the movie, she floated away with the balloons in the end. What a cool idea! I think she did a great job. She was so elegant and I think she nailed it.
Score: 32

Jonathan & Allison - Tango
Movie: The Great Gatsby
I was kind of mesmerized by this. I don't know if it was the song, or what. I really liked it. I think he did a great job. I think he could have maybe added a little more of a character to it, but the dancing was good.
Score: 32

Janel & Val - Jazz
Movie: West Side Story
This is going to be really cool. She totally fits the part of Maria! I love the part with the "washing machine" and she rubbed his washboard abs! LOL! She looked so comfortable in this style, it's ridiculous! She could totally be in the Broadway show for sure! That was so much fun! And to think that they nixed all his original choreography because it resembled the movie? He had to redo the entire thing, and it was still amazing!
Score: 40!!! First perfect score of the season!

Tommy & Peta - Argentine Tango
Movie: The Scent of a Woman
He's actually teaching her...that's hilarious! How can you not love watching him? I'm telling you, the old people this season are killing it! He is so believable in his character. He nails the steps, and there is a lot of actual content in there. Well done!
Score: 34

Bethany & Derek - Jazz
Movie: Singing in the Rain
Leave it to Derek to come up with some incredibly cool umbrella choreography. They even had rain! Very lovely!
Score: 40!!! Wow!

In Jeopardy: Randy & Karina, Antonio & Cheryl, Jonathan & Allison

Going Home: Randy & Karina
Again, not too sad about this one. He was a fine dancer, but he didn't bring a whole lot to the show. There's a lot of big personalities on the show, and he's just a little forgettable.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: