Monday, September 22, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.1

Season 7 is here! We have 2 new coaches in the chairs this season joining Adam and Blake. The Blind Auditions open with Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams making their debut.

As the Blind Auditions unfold, the 4 coaches will be building their teams of 12. I will be recapping the singers who make it on each team, in no particular order.

Team Adam

Clara Hong, 22
I did not expect that voice! I didn't care for the song because I don't think it truly showcased her voice. She's got a lot of potential.
Turnarounds: 3

Damien, 35
This is such a great Boyz II Men song. It only took a couple words for Adam, Gwen and Pharrell to turn around. This was a beautiful rendition of the song. He has a beautiful tone, and a really nice range. He had a very strong ending, and there was so much heart and feeling behind those big notes. Those big notes finally won Blake over, and rightly so. I'm excited to see what kinds of things he will do throughout the season.
Turnarounds: 4

Team Blake

Allison Bray, 18
Allison tried out last season and got no chair turns. She had better luck this time. I was a little surprised no one turned last season. I think she has a pretty voice, but I'm not totally blown away by it. It might have been the song choice this time around.
Turnarounds: 3

James David Carter, 34
I've never heard this song done as a country song. Normally, I wouldn't care so much about it because it's country, but this actually wasn't too bad. I think he has a versatile voice that could sound good on some other genres besides country (which I'm hoping for). I really liked this performance a lot. I think he's got a lot of potential. And...he's cute, so that helps, too.
Turnarounds: 4

Team Gwen


Bryana Salaz, 16
Her timing was a little off, and I think it was some nerves. Parts of it were really good and showed a lot of promise, but there were some other things that I didn't think were that good. The coaches were so quick to turn around, even on quite a few pitch problems.
Turnarounds: 3

Taylor John Williams, 23
LOVE HIM! A guy with a guitar, and a smooth voice...that's all I needed to hear. I loved his version of Kanye's "Heartless". It's  not the first time this song has been done like this...let's be honest. However, he did some different things with it that I've never heard before, and it was really cool. This definitely makes me want to see what else he will do.
Turnarounds: 2

Team Pharrell

Luke Wade, 31
I had a feeling I was going to like this guy. It only took a few notes to prove he's got a killer voice. He's got a great tone, and there's some really cool soul in there too. And that ending was just insane! You would think that was his finale performance. He looks so comfortable on stage. I can't wait to hear more from him.
Turnarounds: 4

Elyjuh René, 18
His voice reminds me of someone, but I can't think who. The coaches were obviously impressed, because it didn't take long for 2 of them to turn around. I can't believe he's only 18. He sounds older than that. The things he did with his voice were so polished and really spot on. I think I would have liked it more if I was familiar with the song. Other than that, it was a really good audition.
Turnarounds: 2


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: