Monday, September 29, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.3

The Blind Auditions continue

Team Adam

Kelli Douglas, 31
She started out kind of rocky, and I think her nerves are showing. I don't think she was in the right key. Once she hit the chorus though, it was really good. I can't help but think of the show Raising Hope when I hear this song because of the couple of times they did the song.

Mia Pfiirrman, 19
I feel like she's kind of all over the place. As she got going, it got better. She had some crazy runs at the end. I think any of the coaches will be able to help her hone in on the things she does well. She was OK, but I don't think she was 4-chair worthy.
Turnarounds: 4

Team Blake

John Martin, 25
This guy is cute! Cool start with the whistling. I love the guitar...obviously. He's got a really cool voice. His voice reminds me of the guy from Florez. He has such a cool laid back vibe...totally my style. Love him!
Turnarounds: 3

Bree Fondacaro, 24
I don't think I care for her voice. She's got kind of a weird whisper thing going on. It's quite bizarre. When she forces her voice louder, it sounds a little better. Yeah, I'm not a fan of this. Maybe with a different song I would think differently, but I'm not sure.
Turnarounds: 1

Team Gwen


Jessie Pitts, 18
I love this song. I like the way her voice hits the high notes and drops to the low. Her voice is really beautiful. She kind of sounds like some of the other girls we've seen on this show before, but what's interesting about her is that she sounds like 2 different people. Her voice changes that much during the song. It's kind of cool.
Turnarounds: 2

Troy Ritchie, 21
How interesting is this kid? He does really great impressions, he sings at the restaurant he works at and also is a child care leader at an after school program. And oh yeah, he loves to sing and head bang to heavy metal? Yeah, wouldn't guess that from his clean-cut looks. Time to hear him sing, and he's got the goods, man! Very cool and he picked the perfect song. This totally makes me want to hear him do more. I loved every second of it! I cannot believe that Adam and Pharrell did not push their buttons! They're crazy!
Turnarounds: 1

Anita Antoinette, 24
Season 3 she got no chairs, and now all she had to do was sing like 3 words and she had 2 chairs. And with a few more words, she had the other 2. Her Jamaican style is definitely unique on a show like this. She did much better this time around.
Turnarounds: 4

Team Pharrell

Ricky Manning, 19
Another cutie patootie! What a smooth voice! This song is not easy to sing well, but he nailed it. He had some really great runs. He had a couple pitch issues, but he's got some great potential, and I can't wait to see how the coaches could make him even better.
Turnarounds: 2

Blessing Offor, 25
Who does he sound like...can't put my finger on it. He has an OK voice, but nothing I would get too excited about. He's got a little Stevie Wonder vibe...and not just because he's also blind and plays the keyboard...his voice sounds a bit like him as well.
Turnarounds: 4


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: