Wednesday, October 30, 2013

X Factor, Ep. 3.11

In this next round, the top 4 acts from each group will perform live. Their mentor will then choose 1 act to go home.

Girls - Demi

Ellona Santiago
I don't know if it was the song choice, or what, but I was not impressed with her performance at all. She got so winded by doing all the dance moves. It really took away from the performance because you could hear her straining for air. It also affected her pitch.

Danie Geimer
I like her song choice, but wow, her pitch was awful at the beginning. I don't know if it was nerves or what, but she was really pitchy and was really quiet. Then when it came for the powerful section, she got a little better, but the whole thing was just a little weird for me. Not sure exactly what it was, but it didn't work. She didn't have a whole lot of energy, and it was really boring...and it wasn't a boring song...she should have been able to have done something with it.

Rion Paige
Finally a good performance! She really has an amazing voice and she's always consistent. She is lightyears ahead of the other girls in her category. And she took a risk singing one of Demi's songs. She sang with a lot of emotion, and it was really beautiful.

Khaya Cohen
She also picked a really good song! She killed it! She showed a lot of personality and she gave a really good performance. She had great pitch, and sounded amazing!

My choice would definitely either be Elonna or Danie. I had liked Danie a lot before tonight, but she was really bad.

Demi's Choice To Go Home: Danie

Boys - Paulina

Josh Levi
Normally, he is really solid, but he kind of sounded like he was all over the place. I didn't think it was that great. I don't know if it was all the production and the dancing or what. It was kind of awkward.

Carlos Guevara
Wow, this was just really bad. The song choice was VERY wrong for him, and I do not like what he did with it at all. His pitch was REALLY bad! I liked him before this, I don't know what happened...maybe the nerves?

Carlito Olivero
He picked a very good song! He gave a really good performance. His pitch wasn't there 100%, but it was 100x better than both Josh and Carlos. I really like his voice, and I like the Spanish flavor.

Tim Olstad
I like his song choice a lot. It suited him very well. I like that there weren't a lot of theatrics and it was just him singing. I really like his voice a lot and I think he can get even better. I really enjoyed his performance and the emotion he gave was just right. Very solid and technically good.

I would definitely send Josh or Carlos home based on those performances. I think Josh needs the most work, so I think maybe he should go.

Paulina's Choice To Go Home: Josh

Over 25s - Kelly


Lillie McCloud
I really can't stand her big hair...it just really drives me nuts, and that's all I can think about when she's singing. She has a good voice, but I just can't stand they music styles that she likes to sing. But, you can't deny that she gives a good performance and her voice is really incredible. I just wish she would sing better songs.

Jeff Gutt
Singing Pink! Oh my...love it! He is still my favorite in this entire competitions! I love his rock style and he just kills it when he's on! Love, love, love! I love his energy. He is just a really special and talented singer.

Rachel Potter
I like her quiet, gentle tone. It was great that she just had a guitar playing and just very little to take away from her voice. She gave a really good performance. She's kind of boring, but she still sounded good.

James Kenney
Another great song choice! I love this song! He sounds almost exactly like the original. I know probably no one else knows this song, but I do! I hope that doesn't hurt him. I love him...he's just slightly behind Jeff for me, but oh, I do love his voice!

Jeff and James are just awesome, so they better go forward! I don't really care between Lillie and Rachel, but if I had to choose, Rachel annoys me less, so I hope it's Lille to go.

Kelly's Choice To Go Home: James (Boo! She said she was going based on the performance and that everyone expected more from Lillie and James has such good work ethic...so, how did she choose Lillie???)

Groups - Simon

Roxxy Montana
They picked a really popular song right now. I don't know that it works for a group. I didn't think their voices sounded that great together on this. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think this worked. Their harmonies were really off and painful to listen to. I think it was just one of them...not sure which one.

Sweet Suspense
I don't think they picked the right song, at all. The beginning was really bad. Once they got to the main part of the song, it got much better, though. Their harmonies also, were not very good. They gave a lot of energy and a good performance, but vocally, it wasn't the greatest.

Alex & Sierra
I just love this couple! I love the song choice...Blurred Lines! They always do such interesting things with their songs! There is nothing better than their chemistry on stage...it's just so darn cute! Individually, they are great singers, and together, they are just great.

Restless Road
I absolutely love these guys! I don't know if they picked the right song though ("Roar" by Katy Perry??). The first 2 struggled with their solo parts, but when they sing together, it's really good! I don't care for the really low parts. I like when they sing more normally.

Simon needs to absolutely send one of the girl groups home. It needs to be Roxxy, because I don't think anyone takes them seriously as a group. They shouldn't have made it this far. Alex & Sierra and Restless Road are so different from anything out there right now, and I love that Simon *seems* to be so supportive of them. Let's hope that continues with his choice next.

Simon's Choice To Go Home: Sweet Suspense

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: