Monday, October 21, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.9

The Battle Rounds continue...

Team Adam

James Irwin vs. Matt Cermanski-singing "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. First of all, I LOVE THIS SONG! I can't wait to hear them sing it! And who better to coach it than the guy who wrote it, Ryan Tedder. Something about Matt's voice is so soothing and cool. I think I liked James better on his audition than I do on this song, but they both sound amazing. It started out slow and just continued to build. I really thought I would be rooting for James based on their auditions, but I think I've flipped....I want Matt to take it! Either one is a good choice, though...they killed it! Great performance from both of them. I like how they played off each other and pushed each other. Adam said he was going to pick the one who moved him the most, and I think Matt did that.
WINNER: James

James Wolpert vs. Will Champlin-singing "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. I am so looking forward to this song and this match-up. Another great choice by Adam again. James surprised me again! He just doesn't look like he should have that good of a voice. Again, I don't know who to root for because I really like them both! This is such an unlikely pair, and an unlikely song for them just by looking at them. But it doesn't take long to realize just how awesome this performance is! James really went for it and killed it! I think Will held back a little bit, up until the end when he broke out the high notes. This is a tough call.
WINNER: James
STEAL: Christina steals Will

Team Blake

Austin Jenckes vs. Brian Pounds-singing "To Love Somebody" by The BeeGees. I'm definitely rooting for Brian in this battle. I really like his voice, and I think he really gave the song a lot of heart. I did like that Austin played the guitar, and I was more impressed with his voice than I thought I would be. Their voices blended very well on this song. I still like Brian more though. I think Blake could go either way on this one, but I have a feeling it's going to be Austin.
WINNER: Austin

Team CeeLo

George Horga, Jr. vs. Juhi-singing "The Best I've Ever Had" by Gavin DeGraw. She is so quirky and different, especially for being 16. For the most part, I like her voice, but I can't stand the high squeaks she puts at the end of every line! Stop it already! I love George, though! The tone of his voice is really good. I don't think their styles blend well together. Separately they are good, but not so much together. Unfortunately, George's voice cracked going up to those high notes at the beginning. I still much prefer him over her. However, I really think CeeLo will go for her quirky style over his solid and more versatile voice. Very unfortunate, because I really like him. Her quirkiness over-powered him and he couldn't shine the way he would have with a different opponent.
WINNER: George (WHOA! I am in total shock! I'm happy, but in such shock! I was really wrong on that one)
STEAL: Adam steals Juhi (Ugh! Adam, shame on you! It didn't work out with Melanie Martinez, the other colored-hair strange, quirky singer...so I don't think it's going to work with her either. There are better singers that deserve to be saved.)

Team Christina

Josh Logan vs. Michael Lynch-singing "Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5. I can't tell you how excited I am for this pair and this song! I don't know who to root for! There better be a steal on this one or I'm going to be sad. Josh starts off the song very strong and Michael counters just as strong. They are so evenly matched, it's crazy! Adam was definitely pleased with their performance of his song, and rightly so...they did it major justice. They are both singing absolutely flawlessly. Their harmonies are spot-on. I got some major goosebumps!!! If I had to pick, I would go for Josh by the slightest of margins...but not by much.
WINNER: Josh

Destinee Quinn vs. Lina Gaudenzi -singing "I'm Not Ready To Make Nice" by The Dixie Chicks. I love this song, good choice Christina! I'm not really a fan of either of these two. I was surprised that Christina turned around for Destinee, because I didn't think she was that great. She started out much better than I thought she would. I like Lina's voice a lot better though. I think she made the song her own and did more with it than Destinee did. All of Christina's notes helped them both because they did so much better than in their rehearsals.
WINNER: Destinee
STEAL: Adam steals Lina


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: