Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.8

The Battle Rounds continue...

Team Adam

Battle Winner we didn't see perform: Ashley DuBose

Team Blake

Monika Leigh vs. Ray Boudreax - Singing "Some Kind Of Wonderful" by Grand Funk Railroad. This is a very bluesy duo. I'm a fan of Ray's voice. Monika is also very talented. I loved their chemistry together, and I think they would actually make a really good duo. I think they both have some really cool qualities and I think Blake could really work with them. I think he might like Monika a little more.
WINNER: Ray (Oh no...my streak is broken, I got this one wrong!)
STEAL: CeeLo steals Monika

Battle Winner we didn't see perform: E. G. Daily

Team CeeLo

Kat Robichaud vs. R. Anthony - Singing "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. This is probably the first battle that I'm not really a fan of either singer. I don't really care for Kat's low voice and I don't really care for R. Anthony's tone, it's just weird to me. Another problem with this battle is that I really don't like this song. As a duet, I don't think they really work together, and it just seems odd. Oh, yikes...Kat went way high and had a really gross, blood curdling scream. I did not care for that really, at all. If I had to pick, I'd go with R. Anthony. I think that CeeLo might think that Kat went all out for the performance, and might go with her.
WINNER: Kat

Battle Winner we didn't see perform: Cole Vosbury

Team Christina

Jacob Poole vs. Matthew Schuler - Singing "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)" by Fall Out Boy. This is a very interesting choice for these 2. Before even starting, I was such a fan of Matthew from his audition. I think this going to be awesome, because I had chills just from the rehearsal! Right from the top, they were both just amazing. I like the way they are playing off each other. Jacob was better than I expected. I think Matthew might have done a little better with the high notes, but they were both very well matched. Their intensity was at such a high level for the entire song, that was impressive. It's going to be another tough call. I'm still pulling for Matthew though.
WINNER: Matthew

So, last night, I went 6 for 6. Tonight, I guessed the first 2 right. But my streak ended at 8, when I guessed that Blake would pick Monika instead of Ray. I now stand at 8 for 9...still pretty good.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: