Monday, October 14, 2013

Dancing With the Stars, Ep. 17.5

Christina & Mark - ChaCha
I was having so much fun watching, that I wasn't typing anything during the performance. I think she killed it! She had the hip action down and she really shined on the extended solo parts that she had.
Score: 28 Len gave a 10 and it's the first 10 of the season!

Jack & Cheryl - Waltz
His frame in hold always amazes me. Other than the song being really boring and slow, it was danced very well. I would have liked to have seen a little more connection with Cheryl.
Score: 27

Leah & Tony - Contemporary
Tony's first contemporary routine. She came up with the idea of being a puppet and Tony is pulling her strings, until she breaks free. I really like her playing a character...as an actress, of course, it comes easy for her. It wasn't the best contemporary in the world, but the story was amazing and she really owned it, and I think it was very freeing for her. The lifts were a little clunky and kind of distracted from the dance.
Score: 22

Corbin & Karina - Foxtrot
Foxtrots are always boring, but he can make a foxtrot actually fun to watch. He did a good job with the hold, and their spin lift was amazing...and fast!
Score: 28 Bruno gives a 10, and Carrie Ann gave a 9 because she thought she thought she saw a lift

Bill & Emma - Viennese Waltz
He tries so hard, and always does better than I think he will. Somehow it always looks a bit silly, which I guess is natural because he's a comedian. I think he did a very nice job, and it was a very cute and sweet dance dedicated to his wife.
Score: 24

Nicole & Sasha - Jazz
I love the opening coming down the stairs. So much power and energy in this routine, it's crazy! They had a lot of stand-alone parts and they were so in sync! I love when she throws the gymnastics into the routine. That was just so much fun! Great choreography by Sasha!
Score: 27

Brant & Peta - Contemporary
Such an emotional story, and it was danced with such passion and emotion. You could feel everything he was feeling. The lifts were elegant and so well done! He made them look so easy, especially considering his shoulder makes it difficult for him to do some lifts.
Score: 27

Amber & Derek - Foxtrot
I'm not really a fan of this dance. She danced it well as usual, but I just didn't get anything out of it. I didn't really get a connection between her story and the dance. It just didn't really make sense to me.
Score: 26 Bruno gave a 10, and Len gave a 7 because there wasn't enough Foxtrot...quite the difference in opinion there!

Elizabeth & Val - Jive
First of all, how cute was Val dancing with her son in rehearsals?!

She is dancing to "I'm So Excited", which Saved By The Bell fans will recognize as the song she sang after taking some pills to try to stay awake to study and then ended up collapsing (if I remember correctly...I didn't look it up, I'm just going by memory).

I love that they had some dialog at the beginning and she recreated the moment from the show, and then there was the bell, just like on the show! How cool! As for the actual dancing, it was really good. However, I'm afraid they will point out that her kicks and flicks actually didn't look that strong. I thought her long legs would help, but it was actually maybe a hindrance instead. She also looked like she was spinning out of control and went too fast and spun out of them.
Score: 26

In Jeopardy: Elizabeth & Val, Leah & Tony, Christina & Mark
Elizabeth & Val were saved, leaving Leah & Tony (lowest judges' scores this week) and Christina & Mark (tied for the highest judges' scores for this week)
Going Home: Christina & Mark
What?!?! What the heck happened?! I guess Leah maybe has a bigger fan base, but to get the first 10 in the competition and to get voted out...that sucks! The boos that erupted in the ballroom said it all.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: