Monday, October 14, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.7

It's time for the Battle Rounds!

Team Adam (w/ mentor Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic)

Grey vs. Nic Hawk - Singing "Domino" by Jessie J. She has such a strong and powerful voice. He is just so interesting to listen to. He's a little too gimmicky I think, but his voice is so unique and he really is talented. His stage presence blows her away just because he's so over the top. I think she finished the song very strong, might have gotten the last word on this match-up. Either could win, but if it comes down to voice and consistency, It should be Grey, but if Adam goes with originality and uniqueness, it will be Nic.
WINNER: Grey
STEAL: Blake steals Nic

Donna Allen vs. Tessanne Chin - Singing "Next To Me" by Emeli Sande. This is going to be another powerhouse battle on a great song. They are both so amazing, And their harmonies are spot-on, so much so that it gives me chills! I don't think Adam could go wrong with either. I think I prefer Tessanne. I think his choice will come down to who he thinks he can win with, because honestly, they are both so good, and so evenly matched. I don't think there has ever been a more evenly matched pair...ever!
WINNER: Tessanne

Team Christina (w/ mentor Ed Sheeran)

Amber Nicole vs. Timyra-Joi  - Singing "Listen" by Beyonce. This was definitely a battle of the powerhouses, so it's going to be a tough choice. I prefer Amber's voice, personally. I think she is a little more polished and I like the tone of her voice better. They both gave it all they had and blew the roof off of the building (wow, Carson just said the same thing!). I don't know that there is anything either of them could have done any better. Wow!
WINNER: Amber

Briana Cuoco vs. Jacquie Lee - Singing "House Of The Rising Sun" by The Animals. This is going to be another tough one, I like them both! Jacquie has such a beautiful inflection in her voice. Her opening to the song was really great. Briana is just an overall great singer. Jacquie really stepped it up on the second verse! Who knew she had that in her?! Briana countered with an amazing high note. They went back and forth so effortlessly, and just flat-out battled it out. Christina is right, they both have pushed each other to be even better and go places where they didn't think they would be able to, which is really cool to watch. I really can't pick one, I love them both so much! There better be a steal, that's all I have to say!
WINNER: Jacquie
STEAL: CeeLo AND Blake hit their Steal Button and she chooses Blake

Team Blake (w/ mentor Cher)

Justin Chain vs. Shelbie Z - Singing "Don't You Want To Stay" by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson. She has such a powerful country voice. As good as his voice is, he seemed a little unsure of himself at the beginning. Their harmonies sounded better tonight than they did in the rehearsals. As far as country singers go, I like her voice and she is very strong. I think this is a pretty easy choice; I don't think he did enough to outshine her.
WINNER: Shelbie

Team CeeLo (w/ mentor Miguel)

Anthony Paul vs. Caroline Pennell - Singing "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber. Her voice is so unique, I wasn't sure how she would blend with Anthony's R&B style. It actually kind of worked in a weird sort of way. Something about her is so haunting and intriguing...I really like her! She has made some incredible strides since her audition, with her stage presence...she's not so timid any more. Anthony is really good, he kind of sounds a little like Jason Derulo. I like the tone of his voice a lot. He showed a lot of range and control. I don't know if he's enough different to stand out in later rounds of the competition though.Their harmony on the last few notes was really impressive. This is really going to be a tough one. I think if CeeLo picks Anthony, someone will steal Caroline. If it goes the other way, I'm not sure there will be a steal. I think I would like to see Caroline, just because I'd love to see what she does the rest of the season.
WINNER: Caroline
STEAL: Christina steals Anthony

For the record, I was 6 for 6 on my guesses!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: