Monday, October 28, 2013

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 17.7

Elizabeth & Val - Quickstep
Wow, it took forever for this dance to get started! That whole intro was completely unnecessary, and I don't think it added anything to the piece. I didn't get that at all. I do love Val in nerdy glasses, though. Elizabeth actually showed some personality in her face with this dance. That was nice to see. She did very well...once the dance actually started.
Score: 27

Brant & Peta - Jive
How cute is he in those suspenders?! I think this dance is going to suit his personality and his strengths very well. He can definitely pull off the fun character. His hard work has really been worth it because his kicks and flicks are awesome! He is completely in sync with Peta on every step. He better get some high scores!
Score: 27

Leah & Tony - Salsa
Leah is looking better every week. And not just her dancing, I think she is losing a lot of weight and she is feeling so much more confident. Those lifts were crazy! She had so much hip action going on! I can't believe how much she has improved in the last couple weeks! I really, really enjoyed this routine! I haven't loved her dances other weeks, but this one was so enjoyable, and the content was really difficult! Way to go Leah!
Score: 26

Jack & Cheryl - Jive
Look at Jack go! He had a rough week in rehearsals, but it doesn't show on dance night! His feet were really moving, and it had really good form. Cheryl wasn't easy on him and put together a really challenging routine. Good for you, Jack! And to throw in a run all the way up all those stairs at the end of that routine had to be exhausting.
Score: 27 (a 10 from Carrie Ann!)

Amber & Derek - Paso Doble

Derek needs to take care of himself! We don't want him to be hurting or have to miss any dancing. I worry about him every season! But he comes out like he's on fire for every dance and this was no different. And boy did he look extra hot tonight (hello abs again!)! Amber looked great and she captured the feel of the dance. She did really well on the parts out of hold that she did away from Derek.
Score: 29 (a 10 from Carrie Ann AND Len!)

Bill & Emma - Quickstep
There's something I thought I'd never see: Bill as Elvis. Lots of comedy in this dance, but I'm not sure it was supposed to be that funny. I think his technical skills were lacking this week. It wasn't awful, but he clearly isn't up to the standards of everyone else in the competition, and it really showed on this dance. It looked like Emma was moving quicker than him and he wasn't with the music the whole time.He definitely tries hard, and you have to give it to him for that.
Score: 23

Nicole & Sasha - Samba
I'm confused. Nicole said she was channeling Beyonce, but they are dancing to Black-Eyed Peas (Fergi, not Beyonce). She is so hot and spicy! I enjoy her every week! Even though she was tired, she kept her energy up and worked it! Another really great routine!
Score: 27

Corbin & Karina - ChaCha
Corbin looks like he's having so much fun! How can you not enjoy a dance when the dancers are just loving what they're doing? There really isn't a whole lot to comment, other than he did a great job as usual. His technique looked good.
Score: 29 (10s from Carrie Ann and Len)

Team Dances
I don't know how Foxing Awesome ended up with THE 4 BEST DANCERS! Seriously, it's almost not even fair! But I don't care, because I can't wait for Foxing Awesome's "What Does A Fox Say?"! Amber & Derek and Elizabeth & Val were captains, and it's pretty obvious Elizabeth didn't really know what she was doing with her picks. She picked Bill first?! Their team name should be Team Underdog. I know they will still do a great number, nonetheless. Derek is just a group good luck charm. Anything that he is a part of, is just awesome. There's a reason why he's never been a part of a losing team dance!

They announce that if the votes stayed as they were, someone from Team Spooky BomBom would be going home...and I would be totally OK with that (as long as it's not Nicole!)

Team Spooky BomBom: Bill & Emma, Nicole & Sasha, Leah & Tony, Elizabeth & Val
Bill is hilarious, he just cracks me up! I love their costumes. Nicole was really awesome on her solo and throughout the entire group number. I think her and Sasha stole the show. Elizabeth and Val were really great too. Leah's solo was pretty dull and really slow. Finishing with Bill was a good choice, and he even did a lift! The graveyard theme worked well. Blink and you miss the amazing cheerleader-esque sky rocket toss of Nicole! That was great! Like Len calls her, a "pocket rocket"!
Score: 27

Team Foxing Awesome: Derek & Amber, Brant & Peta, Corbin & Karina, Jack & Cheryl
With a song this strangely awesome, they have a lot to live up to. I love that the girls are wearing the fox ears and the guys are wearing tails! Amber & Derek lead it off so strong. Brant & Peta killed it! Corbin came out with so much energy for his solo, and I don't even know what to say about his lifts of Karina! Freaking awesome! Oh my, then Jack comes out with an entire fox costume on! And then the rest of the guys put on fox costumes! It's too much, I can't stand it! So foxing awesome! As a group, they had amazing choreography, especially at the end. Wow. Definitely a winner!
Score: 30! Derek's streak continues!

They announce that it is official that all 4 of Team Foxing Awesome are safe!

Going Home: Nicole & Sasha
I'm so mad right now! She does not deserve to go home! It really should have been Bill! Wow...so not right! Another shocker...first Christina and now Nicole. People apparently just don't want to keep the better dancers. I'm going to miss her. Before the season started, I never thought I would say that in a million years because she always bugged the crap out of me. But she showed such a different side of herself on this show and she quickly made me not only like her, but root for her and for Sasha. He had a great first go as a pro, and I hope he gets a chance to come back as a pro next year. She gave it all she had, it's too bad she didn't get the votes from the fans to stay.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: